Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to Wait before Alignemtn

Hi all,

I just finished installing my springs/struts last Saturday. How long should I wait for everything to settle and get friendly before I take it somewhere to get aligned?

I've heard 2 weeks is a good rule of thumb, but does anyone else have any other input?

Right now it appears I have some front camber but the back's looking pretty good. Hopefully I'll have someone good and they'll be able to adjsut it so I won't need a camber kit...not until I get the 215/45's

*EDIT* I'm proud of the fact I can't spell alignment.

well i got an alignemtn about 3 days after, but thats with a camber kit. it all settled and i now have a little bit of camber. which is what i wanted cause my UCA where banging. with no camber kit. get an alignemtn in about a week. whats it feel like driving it. tires squealing a lot?

Comment

Car's going fine. I had an issue with the right front rotor dust shield scraping, but I think I finally banged it back enough that its not a problem. I don't see myself having an UCA issue just because my drop isn't that severe. It's at 3 finger gaps up front and a loose 3 out back (hoping the front comes down a pinch more).

I just know that as it sits right now I was running away from my friends on on-ramps. It is scary though when your tires howl at you and you don't lose grip.

I just want to do everything by the book because I already lost a set of tires to blown strut induced camber.

Comment

yea the reason they are squealing so much is cause ur toe is off. try glueing it back to ur foot just get an alignemtn in a few days. when i did my suspension it was at like stock height and it looked wierd. but then i went around and pushed on all the corners and it lowered a bit. that was just cause of the way the springs were sitting on the shocks and the way the upper mounts where sitting on the springs. made a big difference tho.

Comment

Working...
        X