Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPL w/Dropzone/Ractive adj. springs: ride quality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PPL w/Dropzone/Ractive adj. springs: ride quality?

How are they as far as ride quality goes? And do they sag? I've heard so many things about those kinds of coilovers, but I see a lot of people with them. Do the perches really rust? Etc., etc....

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

i like my dropzones coilovers alot i have them with kyb gr2s. the springs are rate at 650 in front and back its not bounsey but they are stiff good overall thougth
    cb7 sold
    2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
    95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

I had 2.25" dropzone coils on my accord before i got ground control coilovers....

the dropzones never gave me any problems whatsoever..
      of course i had them on kyb agx's

only got the coilovers cause the 2.25" wasnt LOW enough
      but i would reccomend dropzones only from my own experience

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordDx
        i like my dropzones coilovers alot i have them with kyb gr2s. the springs are rate at 650 in front and back its not bounsey but they are stiff good overall thougth
        Nice...and you live in Jersey? Are the roads NYC style there? I was thinking about getting Neuspeed Sports w/GR2s, but if your combo is holding up I might go that route instead...I like the flexibility.

Anyone know if I can get them w/lower spring rates?

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

the roads aint as bad as nyc but they are pretty bad. i had other coil overs before with lower spring rate like it was 500 in the front and 400 in the back and they road like crap the wher bounce i bottomed out everwhere. that why i like these because it doesnt bounce alot and its real stiff
          cb7 sold

Comment

I just got some dropzone coilovers for my GF's 4th gen accord. But i have a few questions. What part number did you guys get? the part number for my kit was DZ1007 from www.racingworks.com (terrible service! dont order from them) anyways, they have the same part number listed for both the 4th gen and 5th gen accords, is this correct? obviously on the DROPZONE website the correct part for my GF's 4th gen accord is DZ1003.

For you guys with DROPzone coilovers? does your rear spring fit that top cap on the strut good? my spring is way smaller then the cap so i'm curious as to whether or not the spring sits correctly in the cap?

Comment

i have the box some where i have too look but i didnt have any problem what is the spring rate on the springs?
              cb7 sold

Comment

it's night time here, and i'll probably wait till the morning to tell ya the spring rates. but I'm assuming that is the only difference between the 4th and 5th gen kits right? from what i know they are both the same springs, just different rates?

my question is mostly, about the diameter of the rear spring. obviously the stock rear springs where larger then the front stock springs. when i got the kit i noticed the springs (both front and rear had just about the same diameter (O.D.) and i'm concerned about the rears because it's doesn't seem to fit in that TOP cap that sits on TOP of the spring. is your coilovers like this?

Comment

yea the springs are smaller then the stock springs the front and back are the same size and mine where rated at 600 or 650 i cant remeber. the came with red urethane hat type of thing is your bumper stop that sits on top of the springs you dont use the stock ones.
                  cb7 sold

Comment

hmm ok. well then I guess I got the right kit. Mine is exactly as you described, it's a newer kit that came with the urethane bumper instead of the older billet ones. Perhaps I just have to take a look at it again. maybe the spring isn't sitting right in there. I have to lube up some bushings too, lots of squeaky noises since I dropped the car.

Otherwise i'm pretty happy with the dropzone coils, i actually thought the ride was going to be a bit more bouncy then what it turned out to be. I've had GR2 struts with skunk2 coilovers on my CRX, and it was terrible. How does the GR2's work for you?

Comment

i dont know why yours sqeeks but mine never sqeeks at all. They bumper stops didnt sit right at first but after they where on there they fit fine. I've have had the gr2 for about a year and they are great and my car is pretty low. aventually im gonna get some agx.
                      cb7 sold

Comment

Nice, thx for the info guys...

I did some more research, and it looks like the big JDM brand guys just use lower rated springs on the sleeves in their full kits. For the Accord, the average is maybe 400 in front and 280 in the back.

Weapon R allows you to choose from these spring rates on their sleeves: 350, 400, 500 and 700. I'm wondering whether or not they can make me some 300's....in which case I'll get 350-400 in front and 300-350 in the back. Most likely I'll go with 350's all around though. The springs are only like $20 each, so if I start to auto-x seriously I'll order some 500s for the rear and 400s for the front...

In any case we'll see. Once the snow melts in NYC I'll have enough $$ to get the sleeves ($132) and either GR2s or preferably AGXs...

Nice to see people haven't all had shitty experiences w/sleeves though.

Comment

I emailed Weapon-R and they gave me some weird response...in any case though the lowest they go is 350lb/in. How long are you guys' springs and perches though? They have a variety of lengths for each of them and I'm not sure what to get. I remember hearing that the stock springs were like 15" unloaded, so I imagine they're like maybe 11 loaded...

In any case I wrote back for some clarifications, so I'll keep everyone posted..

Comment

i had lower rate springs and didnt like it at all. You bottom out way to much and you get alot of body roll still. and i also noticed some wheel hope a little bit but only ever once in a while. But its you own choice in what you want to do.
                            cb7 sold

Comment

i have the ractives... not a good choice

they're cheap coilovers which give a bouncy ride quality. even when you upgrade shocks (i chose tokico); it's still a rough ride and they will wear out your shocks 2x as fast. they're also hard to adjust. i can never get an even adjustment. one fender gap is always a little higher or lower.

you can read more here in this nice little review i wrote: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&threadid=1779

Comment

Working...
                              X