got new tires but alignment seems to be worse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got new tires but alignment seems to be worse

anyways i got em back tonight. I drove my car and it seems to pull to the left...but wheel balancing has nothing to do with this? i never noticed it before and i dont understand. my steering wheel shakes less meaning they balanced them but could they have knocked it out of alignment? i am right saying wheel balancing has nothing to do with the pull to the right/left?

im probably just going to get a frnt wheel alignment anyways but i was just curious
    Originally posted by fizzbob7 i think the "jdm everything" craze is funny........it's the same thing, a fad.......and an overpriced one at that
    Originally posted by uncle_el believe it or not, this forum is not about you or your post count. it's about providing relevant information and exchanging it with one another, in order to help build a community. if you don't like that, please leave.

Originally posted by tinted_ride66
    anyways i got em back tonight. I drove my car and it seems to pull to the left...but wheel balancing has nothing to do with this? i never noticed it before and i dont understand. my steering wheel shakes less meaning they balanced them but could they have knocked it out of alignment? i am right saying wheel balancing has nothing to do with the pull to the right/left?

im probably just going to get a frnt wheel alignment anyways but i was just curious
    I rotated my tires and same thing....was riding fine then moved tires and started pulling and vibrating

Comment

I think they need to be balanced bro. Does it happen when you brake

Comment

no......i got new tires so they balanced them...it pulls to the left on the highway (no braking) i think it was always there and i was just paranoid that they fucked something up after they installed new tires...plus like i said im pretty sure balancing has nothing to do w/ pulling left/right...only alignment... but pleease someone correct me if im wrong
        Originally posted by fizzbob7 i think the "jdm everything" craze is funny........it's the same thing, a fad.......and an overpriced one at that
        Originally posted by uncle_el believe it or not, this forum is not about you or your post count. it's about providing relevant information and exchanging it with one another, in order to help build a community. if you don't like that, please leave.

Comment

yea, i de-glazed my pads and rotated my tires today and it pulls a bit to the left.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

they say to get an alignment any time u mess with the tires springs shocks etc...so if u havent got an alignment u prolly should and that will fix the problem hopefully

Comment

you might want to check the tire pressure in the fronts. Sometimes if the pressure is low on one side it will pull to that side.

Comment

Anytime you change tires you really need an alignment. Any change in geometry will alter alignment specs. So if you went from really worn out tires (or possibly a different size) to new tires obviously they are taller and it will affect alignment angles. Also, you could possibly have a serious wheel balance issues.

As for the two wheel alignment there is no such thing in the honda world. Rear angles affect front angles so it HAS to be a four wheel in order to get proper spec. I suggest taking your car to a well know alignment shop, have them test drive it, give you and estimate and make repairs from there. Good luck
                Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
                The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Anytime you change tires you really need an alignment. Any change in geometry will alter alignment specs. So if you went from really worn out tires (or possibly a different size) to new tires obviously they are taller and it will affect alignment angles. Also, you could possibly have a serious wheel balance issues.

As for the two wheel alignment there is no such thing in the honda world. Rear angles affect front angles so it HAS to be a four wheel in order to get proper spec. I suggest taking your car to a well known alignment shop, have them test drive it, give you and estimate and make repairs from there. Good luck
                  The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

i think im going to go back and tell them to rebalance my tires...bc my steering wheel still shakes.....then ill go to a shop for an alignment....so hondas cant have just a front wheel alignment?....damn last time i got all four and it was expensive....my car never seems to hold alignment or a wheel balance

you sure i cant get just the front aligned? it would be a lot cheaper

Comment

well if u are always changin rims, tires, or just taking them of for any other reason (shocks springs camber, etc) then thats why ur car isnt holding alignment....so change these things wisely and not very often if u dont want to get an alignment all the time

Comment

Originally posted by tinted_ride66
                        i think im going to go back and tell them to rebalance my tires...bc my steering wheel still shakes.....then ill go to a shop for an alignment....so hondas cant have just a front wheel alignment?....damn last time i got all four and it was expensive....my car never seems to hold alignment or a wheel balance

you sure i cant get just the front aligned? it would be a lot cheaper

I'm positive you can't. I attend Nashville Auto Diesel College and I have a spare book on steering suspension and alignment, I would be happy to send it to you for free if you want it. Just pay shipping of course. It would clear up a lot of questions I think yiou may have. I promise you the rear angles affect the front angles on almost ALL FWD vehicles. Honda's are no exception. So just shell out the extra dough and get a 4 wheel done. Also when you get one done make sure you ask for the computer print out of the before and after alignment angles PM if you want that book and I'll give you details.
                        The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

got my wheels rebalanced...the guy said the front left wheel was adjusted by 4oz...or something like that...first drive on the highways seemed good....my alignment doesnt seem as bad for some reason...i think it was all in my head...

when they originally put the tires on that actually rotated my wheels (i mean i was getting new tires so whats the point?)...so that front left one was actually in the back...but i dont know why they couldnt balance it in the first place

the guy said that front left wheel could have something wrong with it if it doesnt balance but so far so good, i hope it keeps

also i did have a four wheel alignment at this time last year (which was b/c i just put in a new suspension and didnt get one for a while), how often do you guys get them done?

Comment

Working...
                          X