new setup....koni yellows and neuspeed race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new setup....koni yellows and neuspeed race

Haven't posted pictures in awhile, but got some new pics...ride hasn't changed much, just a few subtle changes...going to be molding eyelids to the grille soon to make a DIY chargespeed, as well as an audi retrofit and getting rid of my h4 hid bulbs and hopefully some rota d2's (ssr professor knockoffs)....but here's a pic of the current setup (yellows on the lowest perch all around with neuspeed races)

Bought these because I wanted to get rid of the 2 finger gap and heard wonderful things about the yellows.

This is an upgrade from previously having illuminas...and wow, what a difference. Like night and day...the level of dampening and rebound these yellows have are light years ahead of the illuminas. These springs and struts are a match made in heaven. A MUCH more controlled ride, less body roll than the illuminas. No more bounce on series' of bumps and the ride is even more comfortable on nice roads, rides like stock (1/4 stiffness in back, 1/3 stiffness in front). But the dampening and rebound blows the illuminas away, going over a bump it's not bone jarring like the illuminas, but really really absorbs the impact without the harshness or the excessive bounce. Even when I had the illuminas on 5, when I would get out of my car and shut the door the chassis would wobble side to side. Do that with these yellows and the chassis stays put...extremely solid.

Very impressed, and best 450 bucks I've spent on my car so far. Enough babbling, here's the pics (I know someone wanted to know how much lower the yellows drop you...I was a tight 2 finger gap all around with illuminas) Please keep in mind my trunk is gutted (no carpet and trunk floorboard, no sidepanels, no spare tire)...so if I were to add those back in and put a subwoofer box, it might be a little tucked in the rear

Last edited by fliplyricist1; 07-30-2005, 02:54 PM.

My members ride thread

Car is looking freakin awesome

Comment

Hotness!!!

just wondering what tire size are u running? and its 15" right?

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

hot ride man.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Everytime there are new pics of your car it just gets nicer and nicer. I was wondering what my car would look like with koni's on the lowest perch. Nice choice on the future rims, when I heard about the D2's I wanted them for my accord too

Comment

looks nicely tucked and the headlights are hot

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
            www.maketradefair.com

Comment

thanks for all the feedback guys

the rims are the stock 15 inch alloys with stock profile 195/ 60 bridgestone potenzas. Tires give the 'fatter look,' which I guess isn't that great but it fills out the fenders nicely and gives a very comfortable ride.

Eventually when I get the D2's that's all going to go away.I just hope they'll hold up as good as the stock alloys...they have been through some of the worst pothole hits and keep on tickin within a crack, bend, or hitch.

thanks again guys

My members ride thread

Comment

hey Flipp Im me poo1side I have a few questions To ask you.

Get back @ me!

Thanks

Comment

Flip w/the God CB7...your car is sick man. I thought you had the Koni's a while ago...guess not. What's happening with the Illuminas?

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

nice accord its cleeeaan!
                    Spell Race car Backwards and what do you get

Comment

Real nice drop. That's exactly the look I want. I think I'm gonna go with the Nuespeed Race springs, but the KYB AGX's just cause they are cheaper. Any idea of how this setup would be?........I haven't found anybody with this setup yet.

Keep it up.

D

Racecar spelled backwards is racecaR

My Ride

Comment

Working...
                      X