So it's time to improve some handling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it's time to improve some handling

I am contemplating on which set up I want. I am stuck between OMNI or doing a Koni Yellow/Tein S Tech set up.

Which is a better bang for the buck, and which one will give me optimum handling/comfort?

Voice opinions and suggestions here
    ProjectParty.net
    Putting an end to the question, "What's going on tonight?"

"This generation has this universal sense of failure" - Kurt D. Cobain

CLUB 1320

My FOR SALE thread...buy my ish

Not trying to bash the Omni's.. but I would wait just a little longer before purchasing them. Incase you didnt see, somone's on here broke clean off. I have also seen it happen on somebody elses car.

I havent seen or heard of this happening on any other halfway decent suspension setup, but just wanted to give you a heads up incase you didnt see that thread.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...highlight=omni

http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=198805

Just call me elliot (uncle_el) in training

Comment

Yeah I actualy did see that thread. It just seems like it was a freak accident, and they sent him a replacement. I'm more concerned with ride comfort. I want my car to ride smooth, I hate feeling every bump in the road..even with stock suspension. I am hoping to replace all of the bushings and such in the near future as well. For now though, I am gonna concentrate on getting her to the ride height I want.
      ProjectParty.net

CLUB 1320

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyB
        ...Which is a better bang for the buck, and which one will give me optimum handling/comfort?

another "what u think...."

please check this link out:

SUSPENSION INFO
        5.6L V8 32V DOHC
        JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Yeah I can read a bunch of numbers, but how things really perform is always a matter of opinion. Plus things are always changing. I appreciate the link tho.
          ProjectParty.net

CLUB 1320

Comment

im loosing hope for this whole site..
            H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

There wouldn't be a site worth comming to if people didn't repeat questions. If you really wanna get technical, every question there is could be answered without this site if you did a google search and took a lot of time. the purpose of this site is to ask questions and get a swift response. I'm losing hope in you for polluting my thread with your personal comments. If you are not going to help me out, don't post in my thread please. Thanks.
              ProjectParty.net

CLUB 1320

Comment

There wouldn't be a site worth comming to if people didn't repeat questions. If you really wanna get technical, every question there is could be answered without this site if you did a google search and took a lot of time. the purpose of this site is to ask questions and get a swift response. I'm losing hope in you for polluting my thread with your personal comments. If you are not going to help me out, don't post in my thread please. Thanks.
                Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
                another "what u think...."

please check this link out:

SUSPENSION INFO
                there are a ton of opinions in the thread that primocb7 linked you to.

some like omni, some like koni, some like tein... some don't like omni, some don't like koni, some don't like tein...

read the thread that primocb7 linked you to, come up with your own answer. take the opinions, make an informed decision.

i'm lost as to why people continually ask "this suspension versus that suspension" when we already have a "what suspension are you running, and how would you rate it?" (the thread to which primocb7 has linked you to).

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Thats what old threads are there for.
                  H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

If you REALLY REALLY must have the extreme height adjustability, go with the omnis.

I'm not sure if I were to pair the yellows with s-techs...unless you're going to get custom rates on the yellows.

I have yellows with neuspeed races and it's heaven. About a half finger gap all around and yet it rides just about as comfortable as stock on regular roads and is quite stiff when it needs to be going over very big dips and bumps.

Plus you have to consider the fact that yellows come with a lifetime warranty...so basically you'll never have to buy another shock for the life of your car.

omni's only have a 1 year warranty (from what I gather), and with coilovers you're going to have to rebuild them once every 2 years or so, which is $$$

My members ride thread

Comment

do some research into spring rates, im not sure the teins would give you the firmness of a sprorty ride.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

DEF Koni Setup!!!!!!
                        My members ride thread

Comment

get the adjustable tein springs
                          -kool92accord-

Comment

^ i mean coilovers
                            -kool92accord-

Comment

I am contemplating on which set up I want. I am stuck between OMNI or doing a Koni Yellow/Tein S Tech set up.

Which is a better bang for the buck, and which one will give me optimum handling/comfort?

Tein SS owns jo!
                              To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Working...
                              X