Need help deciding on new springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help deciding on new springs

I currently have Eibach Pro-Kit springs on my accord with the factory struts/shocks, and no camber kit. I need to replace my rear struts as they are both leaking, so I was thinking that I would go with KYB GR-2's, but I'm looking at suggestions as to what springs to go with. I do autocross with my car, but won't for much longer. My interests have changed. I wan't to go lower than the 1 or so inch the Pro-Kits provided, but not too low to be scrapping everywhere I go. 3 inches is probably too low. I'm looking at something in the area of 2 inches. I also don't need the adjustability of coil-overs.

Would anybody recommend going with the Eibach Sportline's? Or would there not be much of a difference between ride heights of these and my current Pro-Kits. Has anybody used the Vogtland Audio springs? You know, the ones that are designed for if you have heavy stuff in the trunk like sub boxes or people in the back seats. It seams that whenever I have even one person in the back, the rear hangs too low for comfort, but perhaps this is just because of the leaking struts.

Help me out here please. Thanks.

Racecar spelled backwards is racecaR

My Ride

There are a lot of options for your 2" drop. I'm assuming the roads are good in Canada so I'll go on as such. Basically there are soft big drop springs and there are the racing big drop springs. For the softs here's what's available:

Sprint 2.5"
    Tein S-Tech
    Tanabe DF210
    ST Speedtech

You can run all of those on stock shocks as the rates are pretty low. As far as the Race level springs, it's basically a choice between Neuspeed and H&R and they both drop it about 2.5/1.8 F/R with high spring rates. You'll need much better than stock shocks for those.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Hey man. I just bought Kyb GR2's and the H&R Sport kit (I believe it's 1.8-1.7, but we all know they usually settle pretty far). I also bought an SPC Camber kit. Total came to
      150 Struts
      160 Springs
      160 Camber Kit

The drop is coming on Friday

Comment

I have H&R sport springs and KYB AGX adjustable shocks. I'm quite satisfied with it. I heard KYB GR2's aren't good with lowering springs.

Comment

I have H&R race for sale if interested hit me up

Comment

or you can go with neuspeed sports with koni yellows best drop ive ever had with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Genki
              I heard KYB GR2's aren't good with lowering springs.
              I have the GR-2's combined with my Eibach Sportlines .. I luv um

A Hui Hou !!!
              Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Tein player! Tein.
                my ride

Comment

PakaloloHonda, thank you for responding(and everybody else too that did.....Thanks). Do you have any pics of your ride so I can see the ride height? How long have you had this set-up?

Keep the suggestions coming.

D

My Ride

Comment

Oh, and I should add, er, clarifiy about what I am wanting to do.

Since my rear shocks are leaking and need replacing, I was thinking I would replace all four corners with new shocks, like the GR-2's, as I'm still riding on stock shocks. I do have the Eibach Pro-Kit springs, but am not happy with the ride height, so I was thinking that while I've got the shocks out, I may as well replace the Pro-Kits with springs that lower my car more too. Like I said, I don't want to go too low though(3 inches would be MAX! 2 inches would be IDEAL). Roads are probably average here in Edmonton. I just have to choose which roads I travel on as some are known to have pot holes.

Thanks for everybody here giving advice and helping me out on my options.

D

My Ride

Comment

Hey fellow Albertan! lol, I would suggest mopac there in Edmonton, get some Goldlines or Suspension Techniques(be sure to get the performance ones, they also have ones that have stock feel/ride!) My friend has goldlines, they ride decent on stock struts and would be better on kyb or konis! My fiances 94 has S.T.'s and they ride awesome, way better than stock, mean look too! Both handle the shit! I have Tenzo adjustables and they were nice till my stock struts went, now its ruff, fun, but ruff! Hey on the Autocross note, On july 8,9,10 we are having our annual streetwheeler(streetmachine) weekend {It is huge!}, and we have an autocross, soundoff, cruisin all day and night all weekend, you should pm me if you are interested! I live here and wouldnt mind getting a whole wack of accords down together for the weekend! It'd be supa coo! Peace

WaC!

Comment

i had the st speedtech springs, and they were great. even rode smooth pair with my blown stocks. got a little bouncy over big bumps, but other than that it was fine. theyre a 2/2.25" drop, so they were dumped, but they sat well.

im sure i gotta pic somewhere, ill look for it.

ok, found one way back in my imagestation pics...
                        Last edited by DrLove'sKuDang; 06-16-2005, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X