Camber Kit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camber Kit...

Alright...So the other day i go to install my anchor type camber kit. The install goes pretty smooth. I get both sides done..i take the car off the jack stand go for a ride and i notice the car is hella bouncy all of a studden...and everytime i hit a bump i hear a weird noise coming for the suspension. I get the jack back up...check it out...i noticed that the a arm look like it was hitting something...so i take it off the jack stands and i notice its right against the wall...so now i remove the camber kit...put the stock crap on...and go on some forums and search..i found out that alot of people have this problem as well...esp people with hella-low cars. ha.

anyways...i talk to ryan aka Jdmkid...and he had the same problem with his a-arm camber kit...

so now were left with the balljoint type...any of you guys have it on your cb7? any issues with it? i dont wanna go buy one and have to sell it because it doesnt fit right...so anyone..help!

ALSO! IM NOT GOING TO CUT ANYTHING OFF MY CAR.
    92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

yeah this is one of the issues ive been playing around with before lowering my car. Its a hard decision to make, lower it a little and dont worry about the camber, drop it alot with a camber, lower it a little with camber. what springs,shocks,camber kit are you using

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

You have to worry more about toe than camber; I'd get an alignment and tell them just to get the toe correct. That upper a-arm is a bitch and a half...I'm dropped about 1-1.5 fingers higher than you in the front and I have barely any room between the arm and the shock support panel. See why Honda went w/MacPherson struts on the new Civic?

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Yea I have no fender gap anymore and am in need of a good camber kit too...

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i can't get a camber kit bc my rims stick out bout .5in at stock height. i need the camber so it tucks up under the fenders. and yes i rolled the fenders. i may be abl to get .5degree change but i doubt it. all i do is set the pressure of the tires 5psi lower than recommended so the tires don;t wear so fast. and toe is def a concern when dropped. mine dropped like 4.4in last time i checked. hella bad toe. and alignment is def needed. lol about the ball joint caber kit, i heard it is real good. no complaints yet
          My members ride thread

Comment

I just bought an SPC Balljoint type camber kit becuase the mech that is gonna install my set up (2 in. drop) said it is 20 millions times easier to go with the ball joint ones.

Comment

Well he's doing your install with all kinds of air tools so it would be easier for him...I think I'm just gonna go with the Ingalls rubber anchor bolt kit and hope for the best.

Comment

Working...
              X