mix n match rear + front struts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mix n match rear + front struts?

is it that bad to mix n match Front And back strut brands?

obviously i would never mix left N right different, but front and back?

i am getting some front GR2's for cheap

and i might either keep stocks in the back for awhile, or find something else.

also i know GR2's are basically stock struts anyway, so i prolly shouldn't have an issue using those in the front and factories in the back

but i was considering Gr2's in the front and Blues in the back,.... or whatever else i can find. keeping in mind i gotta do it cheap this year cause my Car broke and costed a buncha loot.
    Last edited by Final 204; 06-05-2005, 01:27 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~1991 ExR alb F22a6~~~~~~~~~~

Would that work? I thought the struts were designed different between front and back, like the front has a place to attach the brake line for example.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Dude, GR2s absolutely blow dick. Do NOT get them, unless they are like 20$ per strut. I am absolutely DISSATISFIED by them, the first couple days I thought they were ok and was willing to ride rough because my green monster looks so good being dropped, but they do suck and you will hate the ride.
      '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
      -'93 BRP LX 4AT
      -'92 AGP LX 5MT
      -'93 AGP EX 4AT
      10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

yea, ive heard of people doing it. and no ya cant put front struts on the rear because they mount completely different. if ure gonna do it just make sure that u have pairs, don't get like 3 gr2's and 1 blue...
        In memory of Jameel Johnson 4.30.05--You will never be forgotten...

MY Car

HydroDunk Mixtapes...check it out

Comment

hahaha , trust me , i'm not suggesting using Fronts on the BAck, that's retarted, i just mean different BRANDS anyway thanks for the feed back guys

as for the GR2's i know they suck but i'm getting them REdiculously cheap.

Comment

Well from what Br0nx Finest said just make sure whatever springs you put them on have a stockish spring rate...

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

H+Rsports :P, like i said i know this isn't gonna be the best setup but i just need to get by for now. i'm too broke to spend 400$ on struts.

Comment

Working...
              X