Strut bar again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strut bar again!

So me and micksf22accord were wondering if your supposed to have your strut bars pulling the strut towers together or pushing them apart. Or do both ways work?

yeah im a dumbfuck when it comes to Suspension

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
    bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

uh um pics please? what do mean? its supposed to just keep the towers ridged

Comment

well with my Megan Racing bars, you can spin the bar so the bolts get pushed in our out, either pulling the stut towers together, or pushing them apart since thats what the bar is mounted to.

Comment

oh push em together, make it as tight as possible

Comment

just get a pic and when u do, test it out..

but ya..
            hahahahah

Comment

The idea of the strut bar is to keep the two struts in union, moving together. So by putting in a strut bar you can accomplish this. I would tighten it in ward as much as you can and make sure your camber isnt off afterward.
              My Ride!
              Anti-Idiot Crew #1

Comment

The ebay ones are designed to tighten inward, if you do otherwise it will spin as you drive and probably fall off or some stupid shit like that.

As said before, they're only to keep the two towers in union, and the best way to do that is with a strut bar that's actually designed for your car and is static(unable to be moved). Nuespeed seems to be the way to go, but I think that Fushigi is in the process of making us some cheaper ones, IDK.

When all else fails, test it, see what you like, and do that. Just be careful when you're testing, if the handling is dramatically different it can cause problems(personal experience w/ ST rear sway and removed front).
                -Jay

Comment

wait i seen the megans one, and they seem to be WAY better than the regular ones.

)----------------( *so this is the way? this pulls them in right?

AND NOT

(-----------------)

do you guys mean like that??

what are the negative effects of one?? and also, what are the torque specs?

thanks
                  hahahahah

Comment

^^^^ either way is fine....but having them )--------------(....will fit alot better...on our cars....but having them pushing inward or outward shouldnt matter aslong as u have then on tight ur fine...cus it still minimizes the frame bend..which is the whole point of strut bars
                    So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

ah i see, i'm thinking of getting the megan one, but shipping to hawaii SUCKS, if someone can hook up, that'll be great.

did u guys notice MUCh difference for everyday drive? or what not?

thanks
                      hahahahah

Comment

Yayyyyy, they make a way huge difference IMO. Way less body roll, can take corners faster, its cool.

Comment

hahah dude...they dont push or pull together, they strenthen the chassis to reduce flex...kinda like putting a piece of wood across a unstable cabinet...
                          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by drucifer92
                            Yayyyyy, they make a way huge difference IMO. Way less body roll, can take corners faster, its cool.
                            Less body roll... I don't believe that strut bars have much of an effect on body roll. Sway bars, however.....
                            -Jay

Comment

Well, I felt what I felt... who knows, MAYBE I got magical ones?

Comment

Working...
                              X