Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

shocks/struts to go with neuspeed race springs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shocks/struts to go with neuspeed race springs?

right now i'm riding on stock shocks/struts with neuspeed race springs. the ride is uncomfortable to say the least...

i'm wondering what shocks/struts would be good to mate up with my springs?

fyi: i'm a suspension noob...

is there anything that will give me a little raise? i honestly think i'm riding a little too low right now. i scrape on eeeeeeeverything.

Comment

i replaced my struts with NEW OEM ones..they are the OEM 93 accord ones but brand new and it raised my car up a little bit. i'm sitting on Neuspeed Sport springs..

just try them because they are only 30-40 bucks and they are still stiff.
      Adam - Retired OG member from '03
      2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
      2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
      2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

just my opinion...

If you drop your car more than 1.5-1.6", I would highly suggest going with a more aggresive strut design namely in this order;

1) Koni Yellows (by far the best, more money but worth it)
        2) tokico illumina (adjustable and cheaper)
        3) KYB AGX's (adjustable, but I have some independent strut tests that show that they are junk)

Yes, tokcio HP's are cheap but will blow out quicker and be bouncier as they dont have the dampening to match. In the long run, you will spend more. Just do it right, the first time.

Again, that is what I know from suspenion tuning in several DSM's and my 2 tegs and 2 hatchbacks I have had.
        1991 Accord LX 'G Wagon'
        2001 Tafetta White Integra GSR Sedan

Comment

I totally agree

fizzbob - I totally agree with you. Thats why I will never put any aftermarket lowering springs on stock struts...Best to do them at the same time.

I plan on running:

- eibach pro-kits (purchased)
          - tokico illuminas or tokico HP's, maybe KYB AGX's (nervous to use HP's with pro-kits, lets see)
          - st sway bar set(looking for used)

I will do the whole suspension at the same time and make a post with pics of the uninstall and re-install so it can be used by everyone in the future...

overal, ths setup serves the purpose of making the "g-wagon" handle much better than it did before esp with 2 fractured front springs and busted sway bar bushings right now....
          1991 Accord LX 'G Wagon'
          2001 Tafetta White Integra GSR Sedan

Comment

i eventually plan on swapping in an h22, so would you guys recommend throwing a new set of springs on to raise me up a little bit?

Comment

i've got kyb agx's and they are pretty good...still a harsher ride than stock but i think that is due to my shitty ebay coilovers (yes i know, you get what you pay for). they arent that expensive and work good for the money in my opinion, but if it was me, i would get either yellow's or illumina's

The Dark Tower..........................................and Blaine the Mono

Comment

I'm running ground control's with tokico illuminas and the ride quality is so sweet. I've gone through at least 4 sets of coilover through trial and error in my younger days when i didin't care about and didn't know shit about quality just having a slammed car was my concern, be bouncing off the road didn't matter he he. But i'm really impressed with the illuminas, i had KYB AGX's on their before but the ride was decent for the $$$. But they seemed a little strained in high speed cornering. i would go with a full coilover system but don't see the point. I see many guy that never go to the track or AutoX, just drive around and spend $1200 for some full coilover just to say i have Apex or tein coilover is a waiste, to we when you can get some nuespeed race or eibach spring or ground controls and match them with some adjustable struts for half the price.

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

Some may not agree and/or I may be wrong...but I've heard from a couple peeps that the Neuspeed racing springs are shit & ur body will hit down on ur suspension.

just FYI
                  HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                    Some may not agree and/or I may be wrong...but I've heard from a couple peeps that the Neuspeed racing springs are shit & ur body will hit down on ur suspension.

just FYI
                    yeah i already have the springs on. i had to hammer out my fenders for them.

Comment

Working...
                    X