stripped strut bar thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stripped strut bar thread

GRRRRR, so I bought 2 new, NEW strut bars off ebay from a well known e-store or whatever. They come, the threading on the driver side of the front bar is STRIPPED so I cant get the peice in and im fucked. how the fuck is this new if it came with a stripped threading??? GRRRR, anyway to fix this without sending it back? i dont have that sorta time.

I feel you bro, I've had something similar happen to me from ebay. However, the strut bar should be bolted down quite tight. I believe it is important that it doesn' come loose in any way. I tried different threading methods, such as this glue, and this thread locker...nothing worked for me. Honestly, I know it sucks, but you paid for a product that should be close if not 100%, I'd get your money back or exchange. peaCe.
    My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Okay I lied... I stripped it, but im sure you guys knew that. I didnt realize that one side has reverse threads and thats how I fucked it up. But I took it to my friends house and he drilled out the stripped out thread and it worked all fine, got the front and back installed and it handles way dif.

Comment

Originally posted by drucifer92
        Okay I lied... I stripped it, but im sure you guys knew that. I didnt realize that one side has reverse threads and thats how I fucked it up. But I took it to my friends house and he drilled out the stripped out thread and it worked all fine, got the front and back installed and it handles way dif.
        haha noob,

just kidding dude im glad it all worked out for ya

Comment

hehehehehe *mocking*

-Zipcreature
          Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

how much and what brands for the strut bars?
            hahahahah

Comment

megan racing, front and rear,70$ shipped

Comment

Originally posted by drucifer92
                megan racing, front and rear,70$ shipped

do u think u can get a pic? i noticed diff't megan racing bars. some have the MEGAN LOGO in colors, while some only have it the SAME COLOR COAT as bar.

which one is urs? thanks.
                hahahahah

Comment

name is the same color

Comment

thanks im trying to get blue ones, but i only noticed reds . but my interior is red as well ahha oh well, thanks much..

oh ya, did the box say megan racing? they look much better than the generic ones and seem sturdier.

thanks
                    hahahahah

Comment

Comment

oh i was just curious if it came in the megan box. thanks for taking time to take pics.

thanks.
                        hahahahah

Comment

haha, what a loser.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

who me?

Comment

the reason i asked if it came in the megan box, is because i've seen DIFFT pics of the megan on ebay, some having the logo in colors, some being the same as the bar.

so i was curious about how legit it was.. but oh well..
                              hahahahah

Comment

Working...
                              X