Changing Front Rotors!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Front Rotors!

How would you go about changing the front rotors WITHOUT using a press?
    Used To Be The One & Only H22 Powered CB7 In Oklahoma! ! !

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you still
    can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...pressed+rotors
    Originally posted by d21x
    1. Tools: 36mm axle nut socket (autozone)
    Breaker Bar with 5 ft water pipe for leverage
    2 Jaw Puller (autozone)
    I think a 10mm 12pt socket
    (4)10mm x 1.25 60mm long bolt

2. If you have rims move the center cap and while the car is on have someone hold the brakes and remove the axle nut. if you dont have rims remove the steelies jack up the car have someone hold the brakes and remove the axle nut.

3. Remove nut on outer tie rod. Seperate the outer tie rod from the steering knuckle using the 2 jaw puller.

4. Remove nut on lower control arm. Seperate the lower ball joint from the low control arm using the 2 jaw puller.

5. Remove the caliper and caliper bracket and hold the caliper up with rope or hang it somewhere so it doesnt fall and break the brake line.

6. Now you can seperate the cv joint from the hub.

7. Behind the hub is the 4 bolts. remove those with the 10mm 12pt(i think)

8. With the (4)10mm x 1.25 60mm long bolt insert those in the 4 bolts u just removed in step 7 and screw those in all the way.

9. with a hammer or something else, pound the bolts off. without damaging the bearing.

10. if you cannot remove the hub off the knuckle, remove the upper balljoint off the upper control arm. becareful because when u take off the upper control arm the whole assembly will fall off, so i suggest either having the lower balljoint back in the lower control arm then take off the upper then take the lower off.

11. since you couldnt remove the hub off the knuckle u will need to look in your yellow pages and find an automotive machine shop. they should charge less than $40 to press your hub off your knuckle and while they do that have them install your new rotor too(shouldn't cost anything)!!!!

12. now you have your new rotor and just undo the steps. GOODLUCK!!!!!
    www.2camcrew.com

Comment

Originally posted by 93ACCLUDE
      How would you go about changing the front rotors WITHOUT using a press?

http://www.geocities.com/hondalover1...sionfront.html

Comment

Thanks guys
        Used To Be The One & Only H22 Powered CB7 In Oklahoma! ! !

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you still
        can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs!

Comment

can u do a DIY?

thanks
          hahahahah

Comment

If you want to avoid the annoying "press out" system, get hubs from 2.3 CL. Then you'll be able to swap your rotors in your driveway using only a jack and a socket set whenever you want. When they go bad and it's time to change them, upgrade to bigger ones!

My CB7 is now ***FOR SALE***

Comment

Originally posted by pwrusr
              makes you wonder why honda didn't make it like that /\ to begin with
              Meh... instead of wondering about it, I'll just do it myself.
              Nothing beats 'custom'.

My CB7 is now ***FOR SALE***

Comment

^^^
                they didnt expect people to be modding family car 13 years after!

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDing2R
                  Meh... instead of wondering about it, I'll just do it myself.
                  Nothing beats 'custom'.
                  w0rd, I'm planing to get my brakes converted over to rotor over hub in the near future

Originally posted by starchland
                  ^^^
                  they didnt expect people to be modding family car 13 years after!
                  Nah, it just wasn't smart of them it takes way too long to change the rotors with the hub over rotor design. Where with the rotor over hub design it only takes 20 minutes (perhaps less).
                  ~~~~~~~

Comment

There isn't one mod on my car that I am more satisfied with than my 98 Acura 2.3 CL hubs and brembo rotor setup... ahhh the joy of doing a full brake job in 20 mins is fantastic!

Turbo-schmurbo, this should be on the top of everyones list.

"Sticker this, censor this, ban this
                    We got something to say!
                    Police this, condemn this, damn this
                    We'll be heard anyway!
                    Middle finger is the flag that I wave when I'm silenced!" - MuDvAyNe, "Silenced"

Comment

Go 5-lug.

P.S.
                      ACCORDing2R, What are you doing with my engine in your sig, lol thats cool.
                      My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

i did the brake change on the old hub over rotor design and with the bolts and a couple wacks with the hammer, the whole assembly was out.
                        but prior to that, i was using a prybar and i think i might have damamged something because when driving with only one side brake changed, it steers to the right.
                        i really hope it is just the pads wearing in because i dont want to rip it apart to replace the wheel bearing.

it wasnt the rotor that took a long time...but everything thing else you have to take off to get to the rotor such as the axle nut, lower ball joint and the such.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

changing rotors on our accord sucks! i didnt use a jaw puller or anything. u jus need fairly enuff knowlegde of the car. u need all of the above but i used a rubber mallet thingy to hit the axles off the bearing. then front there on u hit the bearing out of the knuckle. then unbolt the rotors. bolt up the new rotors. hit the bearing back in the knuckle. line up the axles to go in the hole of the bearing. hit it back in with the rubber mallet. put the axle bolt on. bolt it back on REAL TIGHT! throw ur wheels back on. and ur ready to AUTO-X w/ D/S ROTORS! =P
                          hi

Comment

do u guys use air tools or what to torque things down? i know it's gotta be real tight and all that. but any ideas?? i might as well pay someone to do it, since if i do it, ill have to buy tools and it'll add up.

thanks
                            hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by FishyMan
                              do u guys use air tools or what to torque things down? i know it's gotta be real tight and all that. but any ideas?? i might as well pay someone to do it, since if i do it, ill have to buy tools and it'll add up.

thanks
                              just tighten with hand tool and torque it from there. only thing you might need an air tool for is the axle nut, but everything else is easily loosened with a breaker bar.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X