Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strut bars. Have F+R upper. Should I wait to install till I get the R lower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, I hope that came through as the title! That's basically it. My girl ordered some bars for me for christmas, but she could only afford the front and rear uppers. I'm planning on buying the rear lower (is there a front lower?) when I get the money for it. However, would I be making a mistake if I were to install the uppers when I get em? I don't want to damage my new strut bars, or even worse, my old car!

Re: Strut bars. Have F+R upper. Should I wait to install till I get the R lower?

Originally posted by Deevergote

Man, I hope that came through as the title! That's basically it. My girl ordered some bars for me for christmas, but she could only afford the front and rear uppers. I'm planning on buying the rear lower (is there a front lower?) when I get the money for it. However, would I be making a mistake if I were to install the uppers when I get em? I don't want to damage my new strut bars, or even worse, my old car!
    getting too paranoid man...don't worry bout it, just do it up
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

I guess you're right... I'm talkin like imma gonna go out and beat the hell outta my car. I hardly push it anymore than my mom pushes her pt cruiser!

Comment

Which front did you use? I heard there's clearance issues with some of the bars if there's a H22A under the hood.

Comment

what does the rear lower one do?

i have a front upper strut and it helps but i have no balance in the rear and im not about to cut holes just to have one, so ill be taking it out.

but it will be a clean look if i have a rear lower one under my car =).
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Well, I finally got the front bar on... just the front. I ordered the bars from www.procarparts.com, and I got the cheapest ones they had. The problem there was that the front bar didn't fit! I took the bar off the Matrix rear one that I got ($23) and put it on the brackets for the generic $10 front bar. Now I have to modify the rear brackets to get the front bar to fit there... It's a pain in the ass!

I also cut a rediculously large hole in my rear trunk liner, so I'll be scouting junk yeards for a replacement when spring comes! I found that the best way to install the rear (which I have yet to do) is to take the liner off and install the brackets first. Then measure to find where the bar will go through, and cut tiny holes there. You can make it fairly unnoticable. The holes won't matter unless you plan on removing the bar at some point!

Comment

yep, thats wat i did wit my liner
              looks so fresh and so clean

Comment

Working...
              X