would this be ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would this be ok?

ok so last week i blew my passanger side front strut i was runing tokico illuminas all around. I dindnt have enough money to buy another illumina so i went a step down and got an tokico hp in place of the blown illumina. Do you think it will be alright as far as the ride?? or should i change them all when i get the money to do so?

Genarl rule of safety is you should have the same shocks/struts all around. So yeah get a illumina as soon as you can. You should be fine for everyday driving but avoid driving sprinted untill you can get a new illumina.
    ~~~~~~~

Comment

TRU TRU Im curious on how that tokico blew?
      "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

that ^^^ i dont know i just poped the hood one day cause i noticed the ride home was really rough and the strut was pushing up on the hood im suprised it hadnt gone right through it. But if i had to guess it probably one of illinois shitty ass roads that did it a pot whole that you could loose a tire in er something i dont really know.

Comment

How low do you have your car dropped?

Midwest car club

Current rides:
          91 accord lx (5spd)
          92 accord lx (5spd)
          93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

Yeah, im guessing a pothole did it. BUUUT... how long has it been like that? Maybe the washer that should hold it down broke for some reason.

I have been running the tokico illumina's for about 3 years on two different cars, still work great. I had them slammed for the first year and a half, and now they are not dropped as low, but still show no problems. *knock on wood*

Comment

Working...
            X