Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much are ball joints,upper,and how much for install?thanks guys

Comment

ball joints i think are about 90-200 bux? im not sure aftermarket or OEM.... but thats about the average pricing for all... installed if you do yourself free.. thru dealership.. maybe 200 bux. lookin forward to all the pics

Comment

damn that much?thats too much for me right now,i dont even know if its the ball joints,i am gonna try to figure that out today,any tips?like i said its the left front passenger side,when i push up and down on the fender it squeeks,and over speed bumps it squeeks a lil louder,i wish itr was a shock or springbut.......who knows,thanks for the reply's xxxxx you da man

Comment

it could be just the springs or the shocks.. just check it all out when you check to make sure.. it might not be the ball joint.. but it is a possibility tho.. i dunno how much they are by heart, id havet to check but thats by best guess.

Comment

oh ya xPLODE i have taken a shit lode of pics of my car ,how do i post em,i got like 10 pics i took them last night,you wannasee em?

Comment

yah.. best place to post the pics is... http://www.imagestation.com just upload them there and link us to the pics.. =).. make a member rides profile soon buddy.. dude you should take pics of all the work you do on your car.. that would make for a great DIY..

Comment

good idea,but are your trying to say my cars a piece of shit and everyone should learn how to fix there car because mine has evey fucking problem in the worlds,huh well is that what your trying to say.....................................just playin man lol,i know my car must sound like the biggest shit box to you guys but i have had all the problems fixed all thats wrong now is my tach and this ball jooint thing,i love my car again and you guys will like it too i guarantee that when you see my car that you totally underestimated what it would be :nono

Comment

funny guy you are... Sure we want to learn as much as we can for the sake of the Cb7'ers to come

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
                    how much are ball joints,upper,and how much for install?thanks guys
                    go to Autozone & get 1 or 2 upper control arms (they don't sell upper ball joint separately). They will cost $ 75 a piece.

you can install them yourself, it's only two nuts holding the arm up in the engine bay & you separate the upper ball joint from the knuckle assy.

basic hand tools & a ball-joint remover ( fork style) would help.
                    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Sounds like the lower ball joint to me. The lower ball joint from the dealer is only like $15, but the labor to install it close to $100. Too hard to do yourself because you have to take the whole huba nd knuckle off to get the ball joint out. The fork style ball joint remover is only good if you plan on not using the ball joint again because it almost always rips the protective boot when you use it.

Comment

i was wondering whatever the problem is,could it also be the reason there is a ticking sound on that same side when i take sharp turns?i know it sounds like the cv joint boot but its not the boots on that side are not torn at all,and i also just had the drivers side replaced and there is a ticking sound that sounds similar to a torn cv boot but again the boots are fine,could these problems be linked??thanks

Comment

Originally posted by accord driver
                          Sounds like the lower ball joint to me. The lower ball joint from the dealer is only like $15, but the labor to install it close to $100. Too hard to do yourself because you have to take the whole huba nd knuckle off to get the ball joint out. The fork style ball joint remover is only good if you plan on not using the ball joint again because it almost always rips the protective boot when you use it.
                          ur right bro, the fork style ball-joint remover does damage boot most of time, but he's replacing it anyways...that's why I suggested it.

I have played around with mine & grinded down all the sharp edges & plan to grease up the boot real good next time I plan to separate one & still used it.....hopefully it will work & not damage boot
                          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
                          X