upper control arm???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upper control arm???

alright today i pushed up and down on my passenger side front fender and there was a loud squeek.the other fender dont do it.is it important?should i get it fixed soon?and how much money does it cost if it is the upper control arm?thanks.

probably a few hundred dollars.. dude is your car even worth fixing with all these probs u seem to have it seems that every day you have somthing go wrong.. hehe mabe its time for a New Cb7

Comment

take it to a dealership or a shop that specializes in suspensions and tunnig what not they might be able to fix it..

Comment

could the squeeking be anything else,also can i drive it like that or will something fall apart,my cb7's a piece of trash

Comment

umm i dont think that its that dangerous type of thing.. usc would know alot more than i would on this subject.. il mention to him that you have a question if no one gets to it first..

Comment

cb7 suck ass i have had nothing but problems and i have had 4

Comment

first off before we jump to conclusions...how is the ride of your car? when u pressed down on that side did the car sink or not move at all? is it the same rebound as the other side?

the cb7 isnt a problamatic car...its just an old car that needs work. its an old car, what do you expect...

does your car hop around when you drive or a harsh hop when you drive?
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

the car seems just as fine as the other side they both bounce the same,i wish it was a cheep fix,i cant even tell anything is wrong over bumps,its just when i push up and down on it it squeeks,could it be anything else???thanks

Comment

xplods making me feel like my car is shit but everything i post is not wrong with the car and most of the stuff i fixed,but when i think a problems coming i post it,,,,,,,,,after all isnt that what this sites for.........hhhmmmmm

Comment

i didnt mean to make it sound like it was crap.. im sorry.. but i was just saying.. on my cb7 i had like ZERO problems ever... cept for basic stuff.. and one time new ball joint and stuff.. but it just seemed that everything was going wrong fo you.. if the ride isnt affected.. it might just be dirt orr somthing causing the squeaking

Comment

thanks xplod, i'll just keep an eye on it,becuase the bushing is not even torn.oh ya i am gonna post pics of my car up later today,i just got a dig,cam

Comment

yeah 91accord4door, anxious to see your pics.. get like quite a few of them.. lol

Comment

a new upper control arm from Autozone is $75 (don't get it from Honda it's like $150 for one)

anyways, your upper arm is not the problem. it's ur coil spring on that side is my guess. I'd look at your strut/shock too if there are any leaks.

from Honda the coil springs are like $90 a pair (get them in pairs).
                          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

IF you hear it squeaking like a mouse then it's probably your lower ball joint. Assuming that you are lowered, I had mine replaced before because someone worked on the car and broke the boot, put a microscopic tear in it and the ball joint went bad. The ball joints squeaked like hell!!! have them checked out, it's probably not the upper arm.

Comment

Originally posted by accord driver
                              IF you hear it squeaking like a mouse then it's probably your lower ball joint. Assuming that you are lowered, I had mine replaced before because someone worked on the car and broke the boot, put a microscopic tear in it and the ball joint went bad. The ball joints squeaked like hell!!! have them checked out, it's probably not the upper arm.
                              I have the same squeek and when i took a look at the ball joints they were loose..... after swapping them out... it's all better

Centre PA SCCA

Comment

Working...
                              X