Springs : Which ones??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Springs : Which ones??

I have some neuspeed race springs on my car right now and looking to change. I want something with about a 2.2 to 2.5 drop and something with a little softer ride then the race springs. Plus I dont feel like im getting the total amount of lowering with the springs for some reason. I was wondering what springs will be the best for drop and ride comfort and if anyone has pics of the springs on their car. Please let me know so I can get some new springs.
    Eibach Sportlines (1.8)
    31.03%
    H&R Race Springs (2.2 & 2.0)
    17.24%
    Sprint Lowering Springs (2.5)
    0.00%
    Intrax Super Sport (2.5 & 2.3)
    0.00%
    Tein S. Tech (2.1 & 1.7)
    0.00%
    Tanabe DF210 (2.3)
    3.45%
    Progress Technology (2.3)
    0.00%
    H&R Sport Springs (1.75 & 1.5)
    13.79%
    Skunk 2 (2.25 & 2.5)
    10.34%
    Other
    24.14%
    1991 Black Accord Coupe
    Sprint Lowering Springs
    Neuspeed/Koni Sport Shocks
    Suspension Techniques Front and Rear Sway Bar
    17" Motegi DP6 with Bridgestone Potenzas
    TSX HID Retrofit with 4300K Bulbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/sthrnba711

i was looking into buying some Neuspeed springs.......i'm interested to kno how they ride...would it be worth finding a job and gettin some money to afford them lol...any comments would be awsome..
    93 Accord- SOLD
    94 Civic- F22a1 Swap, current DD

Comment

eibachs will probably have the nicest ride quallity of any spring out there

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=22013
      cb7tuner.com Cleveland division

Comment

I am always running Neu. Koni shocks with the following:

H&R Sports: Gave me a drop like my car was poured over my wheels. The drop seemed like a race drop. Ride was the smoothest out of all the springs I have had but spring rate was too soft for the way i drive and I was not impressed with the handling. Amazingly I actually liked how they rode on stock shocks than on my Konis.

Eibach pro kit: Felt like stock with a very slight (and i mean slight) drop. Ride was a little smoother and a little sportier.

Neu. sport springs: One of my favorite springs I have had on my car. Smooth ride. Did not lower car as much as I thought it would so lowered it via Neu. Konis. Handling was much improved.

Neu. race: Currently run these and am the most happy with them. Ride feels like a much sportier stock ride depending on what Konis are set at. Ride was actually smoother than the sports which seemed odd to me yet I could feel more input from the road which is what i was looking for. These springs sit me higher than the Neu. sports for some reason but have given me a perfect drop of about 2 fingers all around.

I have had other setups but you are only asking about springs.
        "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Originally posted by cb9tunerguy
          eibachs will probably have the nicest ride quallity of any spring out there
          Yeah I agree with him. It all depends on the ride quality and drop you want.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
          91 accord lx (5spd)
          92 accord lx (5spd)
          93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

Ride "quality" depends on spring and shock rates...the softest springs there are the Sprints, Tanabes and Teins. I actually have a set of Tanabes I might be selling soon, check the classifieds and my members ride thread.

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Onsuko Coilovers

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
              bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

suspension is 90% subjective, and any component you change up changes the ride feel/quality. what one person feels is a comfortable ride on a given set of springs, another person may feel that it's too stiff, and another person may feel that it's too soft.

just something to think about.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

I understand that the ride quality is a personal preference. I was looking to see what was the most popular setup. I like the ride of the Neuspeed Race springs sometimes but a lot of times its too stiff for normal driving, plus they only lowered the car about 1.8 inches all around which was weird.
                  1991 Black Accord Coupe
                  Sprint Lowering Springs
                  Neuspeed/Koni Sport Shocks
                  Suspension Techniques Front and Rear Sway Bar
                  17" Motegi DP6 with Bridgestone Potenzas
                  TSX HID Retrofit with 4300K Bulbs
                  http://www.cardomain.com/id/sthrnba711

Comment

Originally posted by Sthrnba711
                    I understand that the ride quality is a personal preference. I was looking to see what was the most popular setup. I like the ride of the Neuspeed Race springs sometimes but a lot of times its too stiff for normal driving, plus they only lowered the car about 1.8 inches all around which was weird.
                    not sure how adjustable the kyb agx's are... only softness/firmness, or height as well? koni yellow shocks have a shortened body, and will lower a bit more depending on the c clip they're put at. that, and you can "dial" in the stiffness or firmness of the ride. it makes a big difference, but again, it's personal preference.

as far as setups, the best thing to look at is the rate your suspension thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1003 . the poll has 9 springs, plus a 10th option for other. mathematically/statistically, you'd need quite a number of responses to get a true sample of the opinion... and at the end of the day, it's still just an opinion. again, 90% of suspension is subjective.

in any event, i think gloryaccordy already listed the softest springs... finding the exact spring rates for all of the springs may be hard (some companies consider it proprietary info and won't give it up). to ensure getting a drop of 2.2 to 2.5 without changing your shocks, you should probably go with the spring that will give you the biggest drop.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

I would recommend getting the Neu. Konis if you are truly worried about being too high. I undersatnd you have AGX right now, but you can adjust the springs to a lower perch if you so choose with the Konis. My Neu. sport springs sat me fairly high. After I adjusted the height via Koni, it lowered me to about a finger gap roughly all the way around.

At the same token though, I understand the cheaper alternative being springs and I know Kmart seemed happy with his Sprint extreme springs and he was riding on stock shocks or GR2s if I remember correctly.

The rate your suspension thread El mentioned earlier is by far the best way to find out what you are looking for and what suits you. Just keep in mind it is all opinion.
                      "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Here are some spring rates:

Rates

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                        X