How much will this help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much will this help?

I have a 93 EX coupe. I'm getting some suspension stuff soon. How much will this stuff help overall? I plan on getting new springs and front and rear upper strut bars. I already have the factory EX lower bars. Will this really make any difference besides a bit lower?
    + '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

cornering it will help for sure. stablility yes...hehe you know how our cars kinda glide from side to side as if we were to swerve...well basically that will be down to a minumall.....

your getting new springs...how about struts?
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

That will be later...I don't have unlimited money Noone inserted the "Unlimited Money" cheat in my life yet...

. Snail Squad .

Comment

man..you might as well get struts now....cause when u blow them with your lowerd ride...they will have to take them out and recompress them to new struts..more money for labor and install.

if you just want them to do springs, they will still do the same process and take them out and recompress them to the new spring...basically you will save time and money....

thats how i look at it though...if your going to drop your car drop it right =)
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

your going to need new struts anyway because theyre going to blow out eventually like ztech said.. especially if lowered..

Comment

so basically save my money untill I have enough to get a full set-up?

. Snail Squad .

Comment

yup. do it right the first time. Trust all of us. You either buy the cheap stuff (like i did - eGay coilovers) or you just put springs on their. When your shocks blow and you have to either dish out more $$ for installtion or have to take a day off to do it, you'll be wishing you did everything all at once. Oh, and don't cheap out on parts too. Get some name brand parts that people have heard of. how much you planning on lowering?
              BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

the actualy height really doesn't matter all that much. I'm not getting a body kit, bigger rims or anything. I just want it to be a bit lower. Better overall apperance.

Alright. I'll just use the money for the intake and exhaust stuff for now. Then suspension is next. Thanks for posting this up before I went and bought it! lol

. Snail Squad .

Comment

well you know it also depends on what brand you buy and how aggresive the drop is. ive been lowered with sprint springs on blown's since i got them... car was already riding on blown when i bought it. and its pretty damn smooth. none of that bouncy shit you see when folks have coilovers on stocks. even a friend of mine, who has a stock accord, noticed that my ride is smoother than his.

another friend has a 02 camry lowered with eibach's. and its very smooth. and again, on stock struts.

Comment

current set up is neuspeed sport springs w/ kyb struts... didn't blow my stock struts with it, but i guess that was my fear.

it's easier, and cheaper, to go ahead and get the struts now with whatever springs you plan on purchasing. the kyb struts are inexpensive, but not unheard of- maybe an additional $80 (in relation to the price of other struts out there).

the install alone may run you somewhere in the neighborhood of $100-200. if you get the struts later, you'll be hit with this same charge again. if you get them now, you basically eliminate paying twice for it.

if you're really strapped for cash, or don't care about blown struts, then don't worry about it. but as people have said before, if you're going to do it, you might as well do it right.

*edit: from nirvousaccord's sticky at the top of this forum:
                    Why shouldnt I put an aftermarket spring on stock shocks?

This is why you dont just throw any damned spring on the stock shocks - you all that want a technical answer - this is it. It takes power to stop a progressive rate spring. Your stock springs are not progressive. They are evenly spaced apart. This means when you hit a bump in the road, the entire spring can compress, there are no dead coils persay. It takes a lot less power to stop a non progressive spring. Think of it like you have a 1 foot long spring with evenly spaced coils, you hold it down, and let it go. Now you do that again with a 8 inch tall spring that has all the coils near the top all close together, even touching. THis means that you have a lot less spring pushing it. BUt principal physics says its going to decompress a hell of a lot quicker, thus faster.

Now, I am a supporter of Eibach, they have awesome quality springs. They are a world renound company. But despite whatever they say, over and over, and whatever your friends or people on this board say, you cant make a shorter, progressive rate spring to work with stock shocks. Its springrate may be at the limits, it may feel about like stock, but it aint. under your car your shocks are working the hardest they have in a while to carry that springload. Now, whatever the claims, however long your friends have had them, is absolutely fabulous, go for it. If they say they are for stockers, then they are. But I have seen prokits blow stock shocks as fast as race springs. It happens easily. However, they are the least likely to do it. So if you are gonna cheap out, cheap out the right way. (I wonder if I could get that published in an oxy moron book...)
                    ---
                    Last edited by uncle_el; 12-29-2003, 01:30 AM.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Working...
                    X