Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the tokico HP kit work on my 91 Wagon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the tokico HP kit work on my 91 Wagon?

Hi all

I am about to order the tokico blues and tokico spring suspension kit and was checking out some sites and they say that this kit fits all 90-97 accords excluding V6 and SW, some others dont....

Will it not fit or is it the weight makes them lower than the advertised 1.25 inches ??? I dont care if it doesnt ride super stiff due to the extra weight of the wagon...

Also, I am not looking for extreme performance or to be slammed. My front 2 springs are fractured and the rear struts are blown, so I figure I will replace them with something decent, please advise...

Thanks!
    1991 Accord LX 'G Wagon'
    2001 Tafetta White Integra GSR Sedan

It seems to be the wagons weight on the rear springs that this concern stems from. Apparently, in the wagon the rear may sag more, while in the v6 the front will. I am surprised tokico could not design a spring rate with this in mind.

I just bought some new por-kits off ebay. Now, to find me some struts and swaybars
    1991 Accord LX 'G Wagon'

Comment

Thats weird...

Strange how tokico says it wont work on wagons and V6...must be the spring design more so than the strut I am thinking. Must have a senstive rate or something

I bought some pro-kits off ebay and may just get some tokico shocks as well and see how that works....

I need some ST front and rear bars to complete my suspension setup.
      1991 Accord LX 'G Wagon'

Comment

dont get the tokico setup, the rear of your car will sag about 1-1.5 inches. i had that kit for a little but now i have coilovers. my rear tokico went out in 6 monthes too, now i have konis in the rear and they rock(is you can afford they i suggest). i hade the h&r kit on for a little bit with a little sag in the back but they came off befor they could settle in. i dont really like springs becouse coilovers seem to feel way better around corners.

Comment

Thanks, h22wagon

Yeah, I avoided it beocz of the tokico springs. I have eibach pro-kit springs now to install...

I wish I could buy Konis, but I bought them for my 4 door GSR, so I will either buy tokicos or KYB AGX's for the struts since the wagon is my daily driver

Not 100% sure which one I will get yet coz I wanna get the swaybars and do those as well at the same time...
          1991 Accord LX 'G Wagon'

Comment

Did suspension last nite....

Here is my final setup for the wagon:

- KYB AGX struts
            - Eibach pro-kit springs
            - ST front and rear bars (on the way)
            - generic front strut bar from ebay (on the way)

OK, We worked on the suspension last nite. The front springs were broken on both sides, about one full coil exactly. I was very surprised. Its funny, we didnt use a spring compressor and just laid the strut on the ground and stood on the spring and let the impact rip on the top bolt. We launched ths strut like a stinger missile across his backyard lawn. Yes, unsafe, but childish fun.

Kids..dont try this at home

First impressions:

-Install was fairly smooth, getting the strut back on the fork was hard and having someone around to step on the lower arm helped a lot to get that extra room.

- Rears are super easy to do and Honda designed nice access covers to the assembly bolts on top in the wagon.

-The ride is not bumpy or choppy. I have front set at 2 and rears at 4 and it seems like is well-balanced. The strut seems to compensate well for the eibachs without excess bounce or harsh stifness.

- Cornering is greaaaatly improved esp since the wagon felt horrible before. The swaybar end links are gone and its metal against metal, so I am a waiting on the new bars and end-links.

-The car is not slammed, but its a wagon and truly my grocery getter, so its fine by me. I can tell its lower, just not a whole lot and with some nice wheels and tires, it should look OK.

Thanks for all the advice!
            Last edited by b18c4door; 09-06-2003, 08:10 PM.
            1991 Accord LX 'G Wagon'

Comment

does your wagon sag in the back still? i was wondering becouse the h&r wagon spring still sag on the back. not trying to be a dick but you are lucky you didnt get sent to the hospital with that spring removal glad to hear you didnt get hurt. my stock springs where cracked to when i changed them. i think alot of the heavy honda cars do that becouse my buddys wagon(91) and 93 lude broke to

Comment

Working...
              X