lowering, aligment, camber kits.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok enlight me on somethings about lowering a cb7. after i am done lowering the car. what do i need to do so i dont' screw up the tires.
    i heard an alighment will fix it. but what about if u lower pass the 2.2 in front??

lets say i need a camber kit. what should i do? i mean should i get the spec of the toe and then get a camber kit or are the camber kits adjustable?
    oh for now will be running on stock 15 with kuma tires.
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

what im going to do soon...

ok i know im gonna be lowering so i already bought a camber kit 1.5-3 degree adjustability on the front. I just kinda did some research and asked people how much their camber changed with different levels of drop and bought a camber kit accordingly. with 2.2 drop in the front your gonna want a camber kit. Now when you get your shit installed, let it settle for awhile and then go for an alignment. You can drop your ride and then install the appropriate camber kit later on, but i just want to install it all at the same time so im doing 1 install not 2 you know. with 2.2 your gonna need one, check ebay they have good deals on the upper control arm to chassis mount ones

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

i agree, camber kits are a must. rule of thumb is 2" drop or lower you must use camber kits. i recommend ingalls kits. they are a bit $$$ but what you will save on tire replacment will be worth the trade off. after you purchace the kits i recommend having them professionally installed and the car aligned. the kits are adjustable and you will have to adjust the toe as well because the camber adjustment will affect the toe adjustment and the toe adjustment will affect the camber adjustment. i dropped my cb9 3.25 inches and the camber was so negative, the tires needed to be replaced after about 6,000 miles, since then i have installed camber kits. good luck, i hoper this helps

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=22013
      cb7tuner.com Cleveland division

Comment

since they are coilover i am gonna get the adjustable ones.
        what are some good brand names around the 150 range. i am looking for all 4 of them.
        e bay has some but i don't know which one are good and all. i know as one member said ingalls are a good brand but for 140 for the front pair i think that is kind of expensive.
        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

i always thought it was hard to screw up making a camber kit, you should be able to get ingalls for 150 off ebay

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord
            since they are coilover i am gonna get the adjustable ones.
            what are some good brand names around the 150 range. i am looking for all 4 of them.
            e bay has some but i don't know which one are good and all. i know as one member said ingalls are a good brand but for 140 for the front pair i think that is kind of expensive.
            well, spend the 140 for the front and the rest for some bolts and washers for the rear...
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
            X