sway bar bent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sway bar bent!

today i was installing my energy suspension bushings for my accord. i come to look at the front sway bar and its bent! i used the rack and pinion to test the "straightness" of the bar, cuase it is baically paralell to the sway bar.

there is this one end that is past the exaust towards the right before the bends of the end link that goes in towards the front about 1 inch.

and its offcenter, not centerd...i compared to the other side and kept judging and it is bent!

see the digit "#1" its a bit after that before the other bend...if i were to measure it from where the bar should be, and the deflection of the bend...its 1 inch.

please help, im not dumb, i tripple check this...
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

not sure what to tell you. it's always been my understanding that the oem front sway bar (and rear one for that matter), are hollow. it would seem to me that it would be easier to bend than a solid bar.

in any event, are you asking how to bend it back into shape, or how it happened?

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Like you said, I'm sure you're not dumb, but I really thought mine was bent too, but I checked it with another sway bar and it was the same. Do you know someone you can compare with?

P.S. I have a front sway bar for sale in my FS thread.
      -Jay

Comment

i dont think its bent cause they are lopsided stock.
        To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7
          i dont think its bent cause they are lopsided stock.
          agreed!
          1cor10:31
          - 92 LX coupe
          - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

at least yours didnt break like mine did.. my right sway bar snapped when i hit this huge pothole... cost me quite a bit to fix too

My 1991 Honda Accord EX-R

Comment

Probably an endlink, not a sway bar, since there's only front and rear, not right and left.
              -Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Bluejayde
                Probably an endlink, not a sway bar, since there's only front and rear, not right and left.
                ?
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                  ?
                  Not your problem, the threadjacker's.
                  -Jay

Comment

Working...
                  X