Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skunk2 Sport Dampers review (With 55/40mm lowering)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skunk2 Sport Dampers review (With 55/40mm lowering)

Okay, so i finally got the Skunk2 Sport dampers installed, and i'm positively surprised since, from what i got in here, they shouldn't have had been so good.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKUNK2-Sport...51267#shpCntId

Car:
    Honda Accord EXrI 2.2 F22A3 1993.

Setup:
    Skunk2 Sport dampers with FK-A (Springs, specs unknown unfortunately) 55mm lowering front and 40mm rear. (FK Automotive)

Installation:
    Installation was pretty straight forward, i can't imagine it being any harder than any other brand.
    The dampers took some time before they settled in at the height they were supposed to be at, and yet i get the feeling that it should be a little lower, it still has a gap between the wheel and the fender, enough for 3 fingers.

Ride:
    After i bought these dampers, i read on several occasions (On these boards) that they werent worth the money and the ride was rough and useless.

Well in my case, it nowhere near the truth.

MY car clings to the road, highspeed and medium speed cornering is absolutely satisfactory, i was afraid the confort would get ruined, but actually at normal driving, i can barely feel any difference from the stock system.
    The car behaves very stiff but at the same time, very comfortable.
    1 - 6 Stars.
    Stiffness: ***
    Grip: ****
    Handling: ****½
    Roll: **** (Almost none)
    Price: *****
    Overall: *****
    I choose to give this products 5 stars, mainly because of the price vs performance. You simply won't find anything that outperforms these shocks to the price, at least not that i know of. Changing from stock, to this setup completely changes everything about the car, it also feels like the power is being transferred to the wheels much faster than before.

I approve and recommend these shocks.
    They could easily be much more costly.

How and why people don't like these is a big mystery to me, maybe its the spring / shock combo, but i have nothing bad to say about the shocks, thats for sure!

This is my first "Review", i'm sorry if it doesnt comply to the CB7Tuner standards, if that would be the case, please delete the thread.

- Christian
    Last edited by CB7Denmark; 06-20-2014, 11:49 AM.
    Check out my MRT, i'd love some constructive criticism ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204165 PICTURES FROM 2014! DOES NOT REPRESENT CURRENT STATE

Maybe they changed the design, but I had them in NYC and they were horrible. No better than stock. Very bouncy and confidence sapping with Skunk2 lowering springs.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

You review is quite good. I'm hoping to create a review section, an the way you did it is pretty close to how I'm hoping reviews will look!

I hope you have better luck with your Skunk2 parts than most people on here have. Most people I've talked to with the Skunk2 dampers have had them blow in under a year.
      If they continue to work well, that's great. If not, I highly recommend Koni (I wonder if they'd be cheaper for you than they are for us...)

Comment

Working...
      X