Front lower control arm Bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front lower control arm Bushings

I replaced my front lower control arm bushing about 2 months ago. recently they have started scunching. I think most people call it squeaking but it sounds like a crunching.
    I greased them when I put them in but I'm wondering if I didn't use enough or this is just the nature of the beast.

Stock front LCA with black Energy suspension bushings. Up top I have moog UCA with ingalls anchor bolt kit, nuespeed koni yellow. Stock 93se wheels.

Thanks

steve

Should I try to regrease Or get a diff brand.
    And maybe I'm stupid but do I grease the inside or the outside to stop the noise?

Man mine starting squeaking as soon as the temperature dropped. I'm going to grease the shit out of mine..inside, outside, arm, bracket...everything

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I think urethane bushings just like too squeak . of course mine squeak less than the tired stock ones i took out so im ok with it.
      CB7TUNER.com
      Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Lithuim grease anywhere the rubber hits metal. So basicly everywhere. I didn't use gobs and gobs but a nice coating all over like butter on bread. It's only been a few months maybe 4 but I don't have any squeeks yet.
        ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

you just sprayed it on with the bushings and control arms bolted to the car or you remove everything?

I assume you just spray it. If I have to remove everything I will just regrease with the energy suspension stuff.

steve

Comment

That stuff from energy is lithium grease. I guess you could try spray. Never really thought about that.

Comment

I tried it and it appears to work. I used the spray.

Thanks.

steve

Comment

That's halarious. Let us know how long it works. Aww man I'm still laughing. I don't think lithium spray will evaporate like wd does. It might work for a while.

Comment

x2, that would save me tons of work

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

how Often do you put the grease on the poly bushings?

I'm not up for taking this shit on and off every 4-6 months. I may go back with some moog regular lower control arms.

steve

Comment

Steve. Did you spray the lithium grease with the bushing still on?
                      Is it still working?
                      I have no idea how long it will not squeak for the most part. I just know I put the grease that came with my bushings all over and they don't squeak. Probly 4-5 months. I had other urathane beforehand and it looked obliterated all stretched and cracked. They where not greased wich leads me to believe it needs to stay lubricated. I do not know how often. You are the pioneer for me right now.
                      P.S. did you load your suspension before tightening the upper controll arm bolts? They can squeak and crunch most often.
                      Last edited by cb7 calling; 11-18-2013, 11:49 PM.

Comment

It quieted them down but they still squeak some.

I took the lower control arms off and used all the grease I had left on them and the sway bar bushings.

I didn't get to the UCA I ran out of daylight. And of course they are the culprit.

I ordered some more grease and will do the uppers this weekend. I am debating getting some SPC ball joints and getting rid of the anchor bolt kit. I am not sure I will replace the bushings on the the arms.

I will update this thread to see how long the grease lasts.

steve

Comment

So I took off the UCA and greased them. It still squeaked.

It turned out to be the Sway bar bushings. Not the end links but the ones in the middle.

So I Have officially regreased everything and we are good now. I didn't use the Energy Suspension grease because I ran out.
                          I ordered this from amazon. $12 shipped is a great price.

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-TLS...ref=pd_ys_iyr2

I will update this thread when I have to regrease.

steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
                            So I took off the UCA and greased them. It still squeaked.

It turned out to be the Sway bar bushings. Not the end links but the ones in the middle.

So I Have officially regreased everything and we are good now. I didn't use the Energy Suspension grease because I ran out.
                            I ordered this from amazon. $12 shipped is a great price.

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-TLS...ref=pd_ys_iyr2

I will update this thread when I have to regrease.

steve
                            For sway bar bushings, wrap the bar in teflon tape where the bushing sits, then apply grease. Helps keep it lubricated better. Nice tip I picked up from MotoIQ.

Comment

Pipe thread tape? hmmmmm I'll have to try that.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                              X