5 lug swap with 7th gen parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 lug swap with 7th gen parts?

Long story short, I tried selling the cb9 and couldnt, so I am keeping it. I want to eventually do a 5 lug swap but the local pick n pulls are either too expensive or already looted. Found a local 04 Accord that is totalled and being parted. Guy wants stuff gone on the cheap. Anyone know if these parts will work?

Ive done a search with no answers. Just the usual oddy and prelude swaps.
    KDI CUSTOMS-AUTOMOTIVE UPHOLSTERY www.kdicustoms.com

Look at my posts and threads in the statistic section of my profile. You will find how I did my 5 lug swap. I would list them but I am out with family now.
    Last edited by bobbycos; 11-05-2013, 11:03 PM.
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

I used the v6 accord knuckles from a 6th gen, I'm looking at a pic of the 7th gen knuckles and it looks damn similar to the 6th gen. Try it if you can get them cheap enough. The rears I know for a fact won't work...just look at them

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
        Look at my posts and threads in the statistic section of my profile. You will find how I did my 5 lug swap. I would list them but I am out with family now.
        I couldnt find your 5 lug swap in the statistics section. I will look again later.

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
        I used the v6 accord knuckles from a 6th gen, I'm looking at a pic of the 7th gen knuckles and it looks damn similar to the 6th gen. Try it if you can get them cheap enough. The rears I know for a fact won't work...just look at them

Im trying to find alternatives to 6th gen accord, prelude and oddysey since they arent currently available and are usually looted before I can get to the junkyard.

I found pics of the hubs here http://www.speedyracer.com/2-PCS-REA...Hybrid-Models-

04 Accord Rear Hub

92 Accord Rear Hub

Not sure how accurate they are but to me that looks pretty close.

Comment

I should have been more specific, the spindles won't fit. The hubs, I'm not so sure about. I don't know why I was thinking spindle swap...

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Am I stupid in thinking that I can use the CB spindles and just replace the hubs on the front and rear? I cant remember what all I read from the various conversion threads. Im working on way to may projects plus trying to put a new shop together and my brain is foggy at the moment. Everything is running together in my mind.

Thanks for all the input so far.

Comment

For rear hubs I would simply purchase new units. There's no sense in getting a used rear hub/bearing from a junkyard that has been sitting out rusting away.

For the front, I looked into it once and it looked similar but so does a Civic's. My opinion was that the angle of the outer tie rod would be too different. This is something that those who do the Prelude front knuckle swap (and Legend/1st gen 3.2TL from what I've gathered) have to contend with also. On those applications the outer tie rod mount on the bottom of the knuckle instead of the top like other Honda applications. You have to flip the outer tie rods to the opposite sides to use them.

The 7th gen Accord could use a similar fix to get it to work but the angle is also a little different in this application.

Since you have a wagon you have a knuckle different from the rest of the CB guys. Your knuckle is designed to house a larger 4-lug bearing and hub up front. Stripped of the hub and bearing it's actually the same thing as '95-'98 Odyssey. You could actually order a new hub and bearing for the front and swap them into your knuckle. It would be just as involved as the 2.3CL ROH swap is for the coupe/sedan guys.

Let me know if you have any more questions. My recommendation would be to just buy everything new.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

i used 2002 TL front spindles for the 5 lug/big brake/ROH conversion, that was done super fast

i stayed drum in the rear and used Prelude rear hubs and CR-V drums

Last edited by bobbycos; 11-06-2013, 07:01 PM.

Comment

found the thread and bumped it for you

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                    For rear hubs I would simply purchase new units. There's no sense in getting a used rear hub/bearing from a junkyard that has been sitting out rusting away.

Since you have a wagon you have a knuckle different from the rest of the CB guys. Your knuckle is designed to house a larger 4-lug bearing and hub up front. Stripped of the hub and bearing it's actually the same thing as '95-'98 Odyssey. You could actually order a new hub and bearing for the front and swap them into your knuckle. It would be just as involved as the 2.3CL ROH swap is for the coupe/sedan guys.

Let me know if you have any more questions. My recommendation would be to just buy everything new.
                    This is basically what I needed to know. Im thinking of just ordering new complete hubs with bearings and keeping my stock spindles since I have to replace the bearings anyway if I use salvage parts. no need to make it harder than it is.

Parts list as of now.

FRONT
                    95-98 Odyssey hubs and bearings
                    Not sure what calipers I will run
                    95-98 Odyssey rotors.

REAR
                    97-01 Prelude non SH rear hub and bearing
                    97-01 CRV rear drum

Let me know If Im missing something. I will go to the parts store soon and get pricing and part #s.

Comment

Well, if you are using the Odyssey front rotors, the CB9 calipers are the correct ones to use, same size rotor.

The issue with the wagon rear is the spindle is larger and unique to the wagon. As far as I know there is no 5 lug hub that will fit. Best option is to find a complete sedan/coupe rear subframe, control arms and spindles and swap them onto the wagon. Really not too bad, a couple buddies and I did one in an afternoon.
                      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

For the wagon you only need the spindles not the whole subframe.
                        FA1

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2litrebeater View Post
                          For the wagon you only need the spindles not the whole subframe.
                          control arm spacing is different.
                          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

By 50mm.
                            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                            X