Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tie Bar Question

Hi all,

Just a quick question on the rear lower tie bar. As of right now my car is a stock LX with no rear sway bar.

Is there a difference between a DC bar and a Megan bar per say. Am I paying for a name? I'm pretty sure they don't actually do anything, at least nothing compared to a good set of sway bars. I'm just learning to buy once and buy good. It kills me I have a generic rear bar, but I wasn't going to shell out all the money on a DC rear bar because seeing pictures of it and comparing it to my generic, I wasn't really sold on it. However, the tie is just something I'm interested in knowing about. I didn't cheap on my front bar, and I'm very impressed with my results, and I'm just wondering if I did the same on the rear bar whether I'd be more pleased.

So basically do I spend the extra 70 or so for a DC bar over the Megan, or do I put that 70 towards at least a S/T rear sway?

Keep the generic bar...

The old style DC bars actually have been shown to have a good amount of flex to them... I beleive they are mainly for looks... now as for the new DC titanium bars...who knows..but they don't make them for us so who cares...

Just keep the Megan bar and get a rear sway bar like ST or Addco or something (or even a progress or Intrax if you're feeling spendy or an Eibach bar if you can find one...heheheheheh)... and you'll be happy...
    RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Originally posted by ZigenBallZ
      Keep the generic bar...

The old style DC bars actually have been shown to have a good amount of flex to them... I beleive they are mainly for looks... now as for the new DC titanium bars...who knows..but they don't make them for us so who cares...

Just keep the Megan bar and get a rear sway bar like ST or Addco or something (or even a progress or Intrax if you're feeling spendy or an Eibach bar if you can find one...heheheheheh)... and you'll be happy...
      Thanks Zigen, that's what I was thinking. I had heard the same thing about DC and flex.

I figure for what I save from that I can put towards the front/rear S/T package

What I'd give for Neuspeed to make more than the front bar.

Comment

I like my set up of MeGan front and rear upper strut
        bars. Very much recommend it.I wanna get the Tenzo R
        lower tie bar, heard they are awesome.
        After that i'' upgrade to the Eibach
        kit, when i get my car lowered.

--Oh i have a LX by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
          I like my set up of MeGan front and rear upper strut
          bars. Very much recommend it.I wanna get the Tenzo R
          lower tie bar, heard they are awesome.
          After that i'' upgrade to the Eibach
          kit, when i get my car lowered.

--Oh i have a LX by the way.
          I've got the Neuspeed Front...best mod I've done yet...and a generic back.

I just was checking into my options on the lower. I don't think there's a difference between OBX/Tenzo/Megan on the Tie...there's not a company like Neuspeed or Cusco that makes a superior rear strut or lower Tie bar. DC is the only name company that makes such a bar.

Comment

i wish our lower tie bars showed like the civics and integras =)...

i have ebay strut bar and rear lower tie bar...made a diff, but i never tried anything better to compare.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
            X