shaking when accelerating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shaking when accelerating

hey guys i have this wierd shaking from the pasenger side only when i accelerate on some roads its not so bad but some it shakes fiercely i checked my axel its fine i changed all my sway bar bushings recently i checked my wheel bearing and seems to be good and i also had my tires balanced and i just wanted to see if i can get someones opinion on what it may be??
    I love my cb7

How are your motor mounts?
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

my torque strut is done for
      I love my cb7

Comment

does anyone know?
        I love my cb7

Comment

Well if your front motor mount is bad then that would be why you are getting shaking under acceleration.
          These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
            Well if your front motor mount is bad then that would be why you are getting shaking under acceleration.
            Just because something is bad, doesn't mean that its the cause of the problem. I've dealt with chasing down a vibration before. Everyone said, "axles, balance tires, alignment, tierods, motor mounts blah blah blah". It ended up being a bad wheel bearing. As I was going through and replacing these parts (the ones that needed to be replaced), nothing changed. Then I installed a new wheel bearing (which was not making the normal bad bearing noise), problem solved.

To the OP, I'm not saying that the motor mount couldn't be your problem, but don't become convinced that its your only issue. There can be other problems that are causing your vibration. Good luck trying to find the issue.

Does it get worse turning one direction or the other?
            Is there a noise associated with the vibration?
            Does the vibration go away when you apply the brakes?

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
              Just because something is bad, doesn't mean that its the cause of the problem. I've dealt with chasing down a vibration before. Everyone said, "axles, balance tires, alignment, tierods, motor mounts blah blah blah". It ended up being a bad wheel bearing. As I was going through and replacing these parts (the ones that needed to be replaced), nothing changed. Then I installed a new wheel bearing (which was not making the normal bad bearing noise), problem solved.

To the OP, I'm not saying that the motor mount couldn't be your problem, but don't become convinced that its your only issue. There can be other problems that are causing your vibration. Good luck trying to find the issue.

Does it get worse turning one direction or the other?
              Is there a noise associated with the vibration?
              Does the vibration go away when you apply the brakes?
              it only happens when i pick up speed fast otherwise its smooth its usually when i enter on a freeway but when i let go of the gas it coast smoothly again i was told a inner tie rod by somebody else but idk if thats it when it does shake though its only on the passenger side and its really bad shaking not like anything i ever felt any car do before
              I love my cb7

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
                Fix known problems first particularly if they are related to the problem.

He said he front motor mount is bad.

Comment

I got the same problem

Comment

Originally posted by jose campos View Post
                    I got the same problem
                    i feel your pain dude its annoying cause ive replaced alot and its still doing it i was told it could be my inner tie rod but idk i guess ill have to try that
                    I love my cb7

Comment

Sounds like a problem I had when I lowered the car, turned out to be inner cv joints. Sever vibration on passenger side mostly, worst on acceleration, that only went away by sinking the clutch or in neutral. When I checked it boots were in tact but it had some play going in and out where it goes into the engine/transmission. I changed both, havent had problems since

Comment

it's a bad axle
                        ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

i have the same problem. i agree with the bad axle and i would check that your exhaust system is not loose. i changed all my exhaust mounts and made sure it was right and most of my shaking went away. but i know my axles still need to be done.

"Good judgement comes from experience,
                          alot of that comes from bad judgment"

Comment

Happened to me when I had a bent cv axle. It was a new remanned part too. Also, make sure you didn't throw a wheel weight.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

well looked into it more my outer tie rod is completely shot on the passenger side imma try that first and see what happens thanks guys for all your opinons if it doesnt work ill try my cv axel
                              I love my cb7

Comment

Working...
                              X