Could this be a coil problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could this be a coil problem?

~Alright let me start my saying that I did post this on Facebook and got some feed back but for the amout of money I may have to spend on new coils I just want a little bit more feed back so if your reading this don't think I dont trust you or something lol~

But I have a 1992 Honda Accord and the coils are OEM. Awhile back I went to get an alinement done and he told me pretty much everything from the coils right down to the sway bar was shot. I have replaced everything that was on the list of parts but the coils. About a month ago I hit a bump and heard a hard dry sound comming from the pass. side when the coil retracts. It will make this sound when ever I hit bumps no matter the size and is really bad over speed bumps. Now with that said here is the big problem.... For the past few weeks when I "slightly" hit the breaks I get a really hard bounce comming from my pass. side. When I get up to 60mph "EXACTLY" I will get a very tinny bounce in the steering but its only at 60... 59 and 61 is just fine idk if this has anything to do with it or not. But I am ready to get new coils, I was about to buy some f&f type 1s when my dad said that it might be the rotor. (Which has been replaced with in the last year) Before I put up the $600 for the coils I just want to see what you guys think and make sure that it will fix my problem.
    Thanks for any and all help guys!,
    Cody

From what you have described, it's next to impossible for us to determine if your springs are the problem. If you are short on cash then go to the junkyard, get some good OEM springs and strut assembly and throw it on there. Much less than $600. Do you do your own work? At least do it for the front for your safety and others. The problem you are experience on the freeway could be any thing from steering to ball joints.
    If you get a vibration when braking and not breaking then it's your rotors.
    Have you make any attempt to jack the car up and inspect things yourself? The spring and strut system is pretty obvious. See if the springs are broken, cracked. See if the struts are leaking or dried up all rusted, frozen, and not moving when jacking up the front end.
    I have never heard of a hard dry sound so I can't help you there. A car this old, every thing will sound hard and dry, like an old man.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X