Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible rear suspension hanging in wheel wells?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible rear suspension hanging in wheel wells?

I noticed the parts that sit to the outside of the shock/strut was visible when looking at the rear tires. I haven't seen this in any of my other cars before.. Ride seems to be normal. Im just curious as to what it is.
    pics

That's your rear knuckle and rear upper control arm coming together. It's normal.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Cool never seen it hang that low on a car before, thought something was screwed. Thanks

Comment

That part is part of the whole knuckle, its distance from the tire will never change even if you bottom out the car.

Comment

It means you probably still have stock springs in the car. Lowering (or weak) springs will result in this joint between the upper arm and knuckle to rise above the edge of the wheel well.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Once I lower it I can paint the knuckle, and add after market LCA for appearance right?

Comment

Originally posted by harrisso1 View Post
              Once I lower it I can paint the knuckle, and add after market LCA for appearance right?
              You "can" if you are able (something my dad always used to say when we really should have asked "may"). Any way. Once you lower it, those parts will be less visible, so why paint them? Technically, you'd probably paint them as part of your lowering work, not after lowering it (semantics). I almost always paint parts that I remove (brackets, spindles, etc.) before reinstalling.

Sorry, just in an odd mood this evening.
              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                You "can" if you are able (something my dad always used to say when we really should have asked "may"). Any way. Once you lower it, those parts will be less visible, so why paint them? Technically, you'd probably paint them as part of your lowering work, not after lowering it (semantics). I almost always paint parts that I remove (brackets, spindles, etc.) before reinstalling.

Sorry, just in an odd mood this evening.
                its all good. i will paint them anyway

Comment

Working...
                X