Suspension Squeek From Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspension Squeek From Hell

I recently took a 600 mile trip in the cb she did great. but after i made it back she started makeing a squeak noise. So with a kind of choppy video i tried my best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgHFxBmFghw
    I figure it has to be between the ball joints and the noise is quiet'er later in the day I just got some new lower ball joints this past summer and wonder if there to blame or the upper's which are just over a year old. I will be getting some new tie rod ends any day now
    what next?

Thanks
    Last edited by schierholz; 01-15-2013, 10:14 PM.

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
    Do it once, do it right.
    Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
    Missing My
    White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
    Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

huh, BJ`s look in good shape.. Are they of name brand? or some eBay sheet?
    Should not say eBay shit, eBay is great. Lets say.....China Sheet?
    Last edited by DanCan; 01-18-2013, 01:02 PM.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

don't know about the quality of ebay it was but i paid closer to 120 for the upper and lower joints and i think there alright the boots are showing wear mabe i tightend the castle nut a bit to much on it but im going to see if its grease and try some engine degreser on them

Do it once, do it right.
      Missing My
      Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

should be the tie rods.... try putting dw40 on them see if it goes away... then it will need replacement.

MYCB7.com

Comment

Check your tie rod ends and your swaybar end links/bushings.
          92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
          2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
          2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

I've Been having the same issue and it's honestly embarrassing to drive it around like that.

Like mentioned Im going to give it some W40 and see if it helps in the mean time.

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

Fluid Film is a better product. Cost more, but worth it.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Originally posted by 93SM4_CB7 View Post
                I've Been having the same issue and it's honestly embarrassing to drive it around like that.

Like mentioned Im going to give it some W40 and see if it helps in the mean time.
                could be rack and pinion going bad and if not then its your lower ball joint trust me I had to replace them to get that loud annoying squeak off.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

new update

After a few hours working on the car found out my left side outer tie rod was gone and figured out the squeak is from the bottom ball joint. the car now has a new noise ... when turning at slow speeds with weight on the car the car makes a creaking noise ( like walking up stairs) I ruled out the upper and lower ball joint no play and the tie rod on both sides are good. I replaced the rack and pinion mount 2 years ago with a mog one the sound is from the left side and pretty much between the wheel and the steering collum. I wonder if my rack is trash it does not have air in it and the resivor stays at operating level im just trying to find what I need to fix the 2 problems so i can order them and fix them before i damage something

Do it once, do it right.
                  Missing My
                  Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

You can get noise like that from a ball joint even if there is no play in the joint. The grease can squeeze out and water can get in the joint and cause rust which causes the balljoint to start to seize and creak.

Comment

Working...
                    X