skunk 2 coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skunk 2 coilovers

So I found some skunk 2 sleeves on cl for a good price. But I want know how can I tell if they are the ones for our cars or does it not matter with sleeves

i havent heard anything promising about S2's. and im sure someone will chime in and tell you to just steer clear. but if its 90-93 accord they'll fit. i believe 90-97 should fit.
    GATORS GONNA GATE - - im also here: www.x-h20.com

Comment

I know skunk 2 arnt the greatest but they would be about $80 and the guys says they have never been open..
      I know 90-97 will fit but he's saying they also fit civics and integrals too and I wasn't sure because its just the sleeves not strut too

Comment

DO NOT GET SKUNK 2! lol sorry but they really ride like crap. I have them on my car right now and they suck!

Comment

Crap.
          Crapcrapcrap.
          Crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap.

They're pretty much identical to the $30 shit you can buy on ebay. The only sleeves worth buying are Ground Control. Anything else, don't waste your money... or risk your life.
          Plus, with the stiff-ass springs on the Skunk2 sleeves, you'd need to spend $500+ on some shocks that could handle them, or you'd really be risking your neck.

Comment

your car looks like its lower than stock? your "lowered", why not wait and get something worth a damn.

Comment

He saw a deal on a "name brand" and wanted to jump on it, I assume.

Comment

Deev pretty much got it I guess I won't get them I didn't know they were that bad lol

And yes I'm lowered on some cheep ass springs

Comment

those cheap ass springs are probably going to ride better than a skunk 2 setup. roll with what you got until a nice setup is affordable.

Comment

You'd be doing yourself a huge favor in looking for a good deal on some quality springs and shocks to go with them. I suggest H&R Race or Neuspeed Race springs (for a stance similar to what you have now), and some Koni Yellow shocks.
                    I bought my H&R Race and Koni Yellows used from a friend. Still going strong. Fantastic ride. Great stance. Amazing handling. SAFE! And nobody laughs at me for running cheap-ass shit.

Comment

ya the skunk2 coilovers suck, i had them on my last cb7 and spent 700 new and i was so disapointed.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

Comment

i can't really complain about mine, but then again i bought my set back in 98. seems things have changed with s2 since then. later.
                        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

I'll most likely just wait till I can get some function form type 2

Comment

I'd suggest springing for the 2.5... they use Eibach springs, instead of whatever cheapie springs they normally use.

Comment

Are F2 shocks produced in-house? I was considering them, but the brand makes me nervous (if they use "cheapie" springs, they use cheapie shocks)... Yellows and GCs (which are Eibach as well) are about the same price anyway.
                              Last edited by CyborgGT; 01-08-2013, 02:19 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                              X