wheel bearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdmfreak View Post
    I paid $49.68 for it. It says it has a 3 year warranty. But getting that sucker off again over and over again is redundant and dumb. I'm just going to go a head and get the Honda OEM ones which cost me $123.87 (employee pricing though).

On second thought I might just do the 5 lug swap if it goes out again. About the same amount of labor.
    Is that $49.68 for both sides or one side. I guess shipping costs more than the part itself. Yours still doing ok right? Why would you want to replace them again unless it's broken again. Let us know how long the cheapies last.
    Thanks.

Comment

That was just for one. So far its held up. No complaints. I bought those thinking they were the good ones. Least thats what the guy at oreilly's told me.
      Long time listener, first time caller.
      1993 Accord LX- Sold (05/2007)
      1992 Accord EX- Totalled (06/2014)
      1996 Accord Wagon EX (Current ride/daily)
      1995 Accord Wagon EX (Beater)

http://www.hondasociety.com/board/sh...d.php?t=156176

Comment

Originally posted by jdmfreak View Post
        I paid $49.68 for it. It says it has a 3 year warranty. But getting that sucker off again over and over again is redundant and dumb. I'm just going to go a head and get the Honda OEM ones which cost me $123.87 (employee pricing though).

On second thought I might just do the 5 lug swap if it goes out again. About the same amount of labor.
        Use a good wheel bearing the first time and your done. There isnt a doing it over and over again.

A genuine Honda wheel bearing is nothing more than an NTN bearing.

A Timken is only $40 for the front. It will work just fine. There isnt anything wrong with your hub so just reuse it.

Comment

^ this guy should be the official Timkin rep
          visit vgruk

Comment

No. Not really.

People take me about that seriously though. And it shows.

Im about done with it to be quite honest.

Comment

you cant make the horse drink
              visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                Use a good wheel bearing the first time and your done. There isnt a doing it over and over again.

A genuine Honda wheel bearing is nothing more than an NTN bearing.

A Timken is only $40 for the front. It will work just fine. There isnt anything wrong with your hub so just reuse it.
                I would've gotten the timken one if oreilly's had carried or if I would've known about it to be honest. I got duped by the parts guy and my ignorance of thinking more expensive = higher quality. Live and learn I suppose.
                Long time listener, first time caller.
                1993 Accord LX- Sold (05/2007)
                1992 Accord EX- Totalled (06/2014)
                1996 Accord Wagon EX (Current ride/daily)
                1995 Accord Wagon EX (Beater)

http://www.hondasociety.com/board/sh...d.php?t=156176

Comment

Working...
                X