Ouch!! How can this happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouch!! How can this happen?

Well guys I made a thread a month ago about my car not align right. Well I found my answer. It was not my rack and pinion or bushings. It was this!.

and the motor mount!.

!! I replaced it with another one from the junk yard low miles too and will be
    replacing my whole front end with energy suspension bushings!!

For now I'm rest because I almost punctured my ulnar nerve while hitting my elbow hard while taking it off

MY MRT
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178936

That would do it!

One would suspect that a break as large as that would be fairly noticeable when looking under the car for suspension issues. Someone would have had to have hit something fairly hard in order to crack that cross member in that way. It probably started off as a smaller crack and after driving it around it finally would have fatigued enough to break the spot welds.

Thankfully you nor anyone else got hurt, had this finally let go you might not have been so lucky.

Good luck with the repairs, hope your funny bone feels better...
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

It's called fatigue and stress. That'll do it. Got a new sub, I see. Perfect.
      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Want to change mines out for me?
        Mine is bent where the lower control arm comes to bolt in place.

Now im jelly.

Tell me, approximately, how long did it take you to get it off?

MRT

Comment

if its already out it may be a good time to weld any spots you may think would be weak.

click to see my ride
          click to check out my bb6 dash swap

Comment

@ ghost. yeah bro I'm thankful it did not fail on me. Due to working far and mostly travel HWY miles. Must of started small and then enlarging. No wonder my alignment was off all the time.

Thanks bro I'm almost recovered. Next time I'm using Elbow pads to finish the job Hehe

@Straight. Yeah bro I picked it up from the JY. It looks in great shape no bents or nothing. I had to get the mount as well.

@Dao. Ohh man I can help you out . It took me 1hr. All I did was take out the lower control arm bolt, the outter tie rods, and disconnect the PS hoses and of course the Rear motor mount. Also I had to remove a bolt that moves from the steering wheel column to the rack and pinion. When removing it I marked a line between steering wheel column and rack and pinion (teeth).

@moetan. That exactly what I'm doing bro.
            MY MRT
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178936

Comment

wow

never seen that before , holysht that crazy , im gonne inspect mine this winter when i replace my rack , might have been weak from factory ..

Comment

Ah! So that was the problem... yeah that is out of the norm, never seen one break like that!

Comment

Working...
                X