No announcement yet.

question about Koni Race springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A member on here called Neuspeed and Koni with similar questions awhile back.

I remember they said that Koni told them the Orange is similar to the Yellow on full soft.

I also remember that Neuspeed said out of the types of springs they sell, the Neuspeed Sport are the best match for the Koni orange shocks.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ok i'm going to speak from current experience here. I have both sets of shocks; yellow and orange. I have tried to use the race springs with the str.t shocks and by no means did they handle them well at all. The str.t shocks are NOT yellows on full soft! When i had this set up it felt as if there was no shock there at all and the car sounded as if it was slapping the ground. Now, if you were to go with str.t's, then i do recommend the green Neuspeed sport springs. They are very much pushing the limits of the str.t shocks. It feels like riding on a cloud of air but still able to hold in a tight turn. Now there have only been 2 sets of shocks able to hold their own with the yellow race springs and those are the Bilstein HD and the Koni yellow sports, with the sports being the better option. Now with my yellows on full soft the car is slightly sporty and drives perfect with no slap or anything. The thing is a dream on the highway. Now with the green sports matched with the yellow sport shocks the ride just felt unbelievably harsh; way too much shock on full soft for the green sport springs. I felt like I was bottoming out all the time over every bump and they just felt like cheap ebay coilovers on stock blown shocks just with out the wave after a bump. You don't have to take this from me but it is my current experience with them because i have both green sports on str.t shocks on my daily car and yellow Koni's with race springs on my turbo toy and i have experienced them both in all the ways stated above after the break in periods of both sets of shocks and springs.
      Last edited by mndude07; 12-05-2012, 03:43 AM.

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
        Ok i'm going to speak from current experience here. I have both sets of shocks; yellow and orange. I have tried to use the race springs with the str.t shocks and by no means did they handle them well at all. The str.t shocks are NOT yellows on full soft! When i had this set up it felt as if there was no shock there at all and the car sounded as if it was slapping the ground. Now, if you were to go with str.t's, then i do recommend the green Neuspeed sport springs. They are very much pushing the limits of the str.t shocks. It feels like riding on a cloud of air but still able to hold in a tight turn. Now there have only been 2 sets of shocks able to hold their own with the yellow race springs and those are the Bilstein HD and the Koni yellow sports, with the sports being the better option. Now with my yellows on full soft the car is slightly sporty and drives perfect with no slap or anything. The thing is a dream on the highway. Now with the green sports matched with the yellow sport shocks the ride just felt unbelievably harsh; way too much shock on full soft for the green sport springs. I felt like I was bottoming out all the time over every bump and they just felt like cheap ebay coilovers on stock blown shocks just with out the wave after a bump. You don't have to take this from me but it is my current experience with them because i have both green sports on str.t shocks on my daily car and yellow Koni's with race springs on my turbo toy and i have experienced them both in all the ways stated above after the break in periods of both sets of shocks and springs.
        Good info for people! I edited your post a little to make it easier to read, but did not modify content at all.

This description of how the two setups rides is exactly how I expected it to be.

Race springs + Orange shocks = not enough shock
        Race springs + Yellow shocks = good
        Sport springs + Yellow shocks = too much shock
        Sport springs + Orange shocks = good
        There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

That is a good "review" 92smokeaccord. The oranges do need to be a bit raceier. A little stiffer. I’m not terribly impressed with them myself. But for $355 before the $100 mail in rebate through Tire Rack, I am pleased.

They will handle a mild spring with a mild drop without blowing out or being dangerous even after time. But for what most of us want they are not enough. Myself included.

Next fall I will be selling mine and getting H&R Race springs and Koni Yellows. They still should have less than 5k on them.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
            That is a good "review" 92smokeaccord. The oranges do need to be a bit raceier. A little stiffer. I’m not terribly impressed with them myself. But for $355 before the $100 mail in rebate through Tire Rack, I am pleased.

They will handle a mild spring with a mild drop without blowing out or being dangerous even after time. But for what most of us want they are not enough. Myself included.

Next fall I will be selling mine and getting H&R Race springs and Koni Yellows. They still should have less than 5k on them.
            I have Koni Yellows and H&R sports. They pair up pretty well. I was thinking of getting Race but it is too low for my liking. I do have other suspension upgrades with the shock/spring combo though that might enhance the feel of the car. But for the most part, You can't go wrong with Koni yellows. Lifetime warranty also!! Save up for it and it will definitely be worth it OP

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
            My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
            Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

i want to add some more here.the warranty is only a limited lifetime.not a full lifetime just one time swap for up to 4 shocks and thats it.but some people swear by the sport and yellows.all i have to say is that if you have never had a strong set of springs like the race then yes they should feel fine but one you know how a great set up the race and yellows are its a complete night and day feel and you wont go back to sports unless its the ride hight you are worried about.i will admit tho that the sports and yellows together do feel better then most of the full coilover set ups (d2,k sport, tein etc)but still far to much shock for those springs

my new turbo build

Comment

Working...
              X