question about Koni Race springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about Koni Race springs

for all of you people that has done there research and what not on suspension. i have searched but unforntantly i didnt get anything in relation to what i have.

I have read up on spring rates and dampers (shocks) rates and lbs but most of it is still a mumble jumble to me. im having a hard time understanding it all. if someone could clarify this information up for me that would be great.

I have Neuspeed Race Springs (yellow not green) that i have bought acouple years ago for my car (Part Number: 55.20.34 of koni website) and I am getting some information about which set of shocks I should purchase for these Springs. I have been debating between the Koni Str.T Shocks or the Koni Sport Shocks. Which set of shocks will be perfect for my springs. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by UNeeKToNy; 12-04-2012, 12:22 AM.

You sure you don't have neuspeed race spring? The part number you gave is for them.

I'd go with the koni yellow struts. They seem to be the choice of most accord owners.
    "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

sorry for the mix up, it is neuspeed springs.

Comment

would the Koni Str.T Shocks work just fine?

Comment

Originally posted by UNeeKToNy View Post
          would the Koni Str.T Shocks work just fine?
          I have Koni STRTs with Eibach Pro Springs. The setup has less than 2k miles on them now. The car handles quite well and the ride is a little stiffer than stock.

What I don’t like is sometimes the car feels a little bouncy or soft. I must say that when the car feels this way I’m pushing the capabilities of the car pretty hard. Taking corners as fast as I can without the rear of the car breaking loose, twisty up and down country roads with dips and bumps where the car becomes airborne, things like that.

Koni STR.Ts are a good street strut. But for someone like me they are not nearly aggressive enough. My next set up will be Koni yellows (on the stiffest setting) and H&R race springs.

Comment

I would pair the Koni Yellows with the Race Springs.

You need to be more specific with what else you want cleared up, otherwise, I could write pages.
            There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The Koni Str.T were designed as an oem replacement I believe. I have them on my daily driver with H&R OE Sport Springs and I have both a good (stiffer, but not rattle you) ride and improved handling.
              -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
              -1993 Accord EX SOLD
              -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
              -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

H&R Sport Cups FTW
                -Koni Yellows
                -H&R springs

Winning!

Comment

Originally posted by GunRunner View Post
                  The Koni Str.T were designed as an oem replacement I believe. I have them on my daily driver with H&R OE Sport Springs and I have both a good (stiffer, but not rattle you) ride and improved handling.
                  Like you said they are a good replacement strut. If you are going slightly lower than stock they are a good choice too. But for me Im wanting the stiffest possible. Like so stiff I can three wheel coming out of drive ways.

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                  H&R Sport Cups FTW
                  -Koni Yellows
                  -H&R springs

Winning!

Comment

i wish i had the extra amount of money to purchase a set of koni yellows but they are expensive and right now at the moment i only have enough to purchase the Str.T

Is it possible that i can install the Neuspeed Race springs on the Str.T???

Comment

You can, but I wouldn't suggest lowering springs on replacement type struts. If you want to blow replacement type struts why not install some monroes and give them hell?

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                        You can, but I wouldn't suggest lowering springs on replacement type struts. If you want to blow replacement type struts why not install some monroes and give them hell?
                        Wait a minute. Are you saying you can’t use Koni STRTs with lowering springs?

Monroe’s are in no way like Konis oranges.

I got my Koni STRTs because a while back Deev and some others were saying how good they are for the price if you want to go just a little lower than stock.

They are not auto parts store trash. I’m not saying that they are all good and everything’s wonderful just because I have them. I’m saying it because they are a good strut for slightly lower than stock springs that are not too stiff.

BUT for the springs the OP have Koni oranges/STRTs are not going to last long nor will it perform well. They are too low and too stiff. The best strut option IMO for those springs would be Koni yellows.
                        Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-04-2012, 07:50 PM.

Comment

This is right off Konis website:

STR.T Shocks

Are you ready for the road? For curves? For adrenalin?
                          KONI Street is the answer.

> Entry level performance shock absorber
                          > Compliments lower springs
                          > Perfect for OE replacement or vehicle improvement
                          > Non-adjustable
                          > Lifetime Warranty

--------------------------------------------------------

Sport Shocks

Why the industries first adjustable shock is still the best:

> Big handling improvements
                          > Reasonable ride quality
                          > Re-buildable for custom vehicle setups
                          > Best KONl shock for all lowering springs
                          > Lifetime Warranty
                          Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-04-2012, 07:58 PM.

Comment

i've heard talk that the STR-T shock is essentially a non-adjustable yellow on full soft. still up to the task of lowering springs, just not as expensive or as stiff as yellows can get.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Thanks for everyones input. I guess im going to have to get the koni yellows since i have the neuspeed race springs already. I hope some here on the board has them for sell.

Comment

Working...
                              X