Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ground Control Springs on Koni Yellow (SP3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ground Control Springs on Koni Yellow (SP3)

I was wondering if anyone was running this setup. There is a set of these springs for sale on the local CL here in Kc. I have Koni Yellows and Nuspeed Race springs right now. I was wondering if those would be a good fit and how is the ride quality. I want to jump on this deal but I want know would this be a good setup. Adam I am sure I will get your 2 cents, so your advice here is most appreciated! Thanks guys

Happy
    The CB7 Collector.
    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
    92 LX Coupe F22A1
    2013 Toyota Corolla S
    92 EX Sedan F22A1
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
    I was wondering if anyone was running this setup. There is a set of these springs for sale on the local CL here in Kc. I have Koni Yellows and Nuspeed Race springs right now. I was wondering if those would be a good fit and how is the ride quality. I want to jump on this deal but I want know would this be a good setup. Adam I am sure I will get your 2 cents, so your advice here is most appreciated! Thanks guys

Happy
    That is widely referred to as the best combo for our cars. I know a new set/combo runs around $925. What's the asking price?
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Also saw this on craigslist. Keep in consideration the accord and prelude have different part numbers for the strut and coilovers.

But this setup is used a lot. And the next best thing to most full bodied coilovers.
      "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

The guy wants about 275 for them.
        The CB7 Collector.
        92 LX Coupe F22A1
        2013 Toyota Corolla S
        92 EX Sedan F22A1
        Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

If they are legit and in good condition, I would jump on them ASAP.
          Originally posted by Mishakol129
          Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Yellows and Neuspeeds are best for the 4G. Us 6G guys are currently working on Yellows and GC sleeves. Happy, do it!!

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Sounds like a plan boys, I just wanted to make sure I was getting a good deal, esp considering I just bought another CB7 today
              The CB7 Collector.
              92 LX Coupe F22A1
              2013 Toyota Corolla S
              92 EX Sedan F22A1

Comment

A koni yellow + ground control setup is a good bang for the buck setup on just about any car...in fact, I would choose it over a "full coilover" set almost every time.

You need to make sure the sleeves are made for the Koni shocks, or come with the proper adapters to let them sit on the circlip of the Koni shock. Many people get the wrong ones and the sleeve can rattle around on the shock body.

Also, to do it the really right way, you should also get spring separators with helper springs.

What are the spring rates? The Neuspeed Race springs you have now are also very good.
                There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                  A koni yellow + ground control setup is a good bang for the buck setup on just about any car...in fact, I would choose it over a "full coilover" set almost every time.

You need to make sure the sleeves are made for the Koni shocks, or come with the proper adapters to let them sit on the circlip of the Koni shock. Many people get the wrong ones and the sleeve can rattle around on the shock body.

Also, to do it the really right way, you should also get spring separators with helper springs.

What are the spring rates? The Neuspeed Race springs you have now are also very good.
                  I am not sure I need to look into it. And of course the current setup is good, I have it on 2 cars as we speak. And if memory service you had it on your CB as well. The GC's would give me more room for play in terms of height is why I am even considering picking up these springs.
                  The CB7 Collector.
                  92 LX Coupe F22A1
                  2013 Toyota Corolla S
                  92 EX Sedan F22A1

Comment

Working...
                  X