93 ex rear toe issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 ex rear toe issue

My brother just purchased a 92 ex sedan and the right rear wheel looks toed in. Now i know that there is some kind of suspension damage but from the looks of things nothing seems to be bent or out of place. We even took the trailing arm off and compared to the one off of my car and they were identical. Any suggestions on what could be out of whack. I will try to post picutures tonight

^^^^CLICK IT^^^^^

Check the lower control arms

First i would take it to an alignment shop though and just have them try to align it.

Comment

I thought there wasnt a way to adjust toe on the rear of cb's??

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
      Check the lower control arms

First i would take it to an alignment shop though and just have them try to align it.

^^^^CLICK IT^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by I<3mycb7 View Post
        there is a way to adjust rear toe. its the front arm. their is 2 back there. the front smaller one is the toe arm. its probably frozen. very common. you best bet is to replace all 4 with megan racing lower control arms. Function and From arm has only the back arm and it doesnt allow for any type of movement period.

Comment

The inner bolt for the lower arm is eccentric. With the nut loosened, the bolt should be able to be turned to move the arm pivot point left and right to adjust the toe. As oneoff said, many times they are frozen.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Thanks alot guys. I never knew there was an adjustment for toe in the rear. The car wont be modified in any way so the megan arms wont be qn option. Hopefully i can see tomorrow if it can be adjusted

^^^^CLICK IT^^^^^

Comment

With the front wheels straight ahead, a crude check is to hold a long straightedge against the sides of the rear tire (make sure you don't have it on lettering or something) and see if it points to the outer edge of the front tire. If it is aimed considerably inside or outside the front tire, there is a definite alignment problem.
              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Of course there is an adjustment for rear toe

I don't think there is any car out there with independent rear suspension that you can't adjust toe on.

Comment

Thanks alot guys. I never knew there was an adjustment for toe in the rear. The car wont be modified in any way so the megan arms wont be qn option. Hopefully i can see tomorrow if it can be adjusted
                  the car doesnt have to be modify in anyway for the megan arms. IF that eccentric is frozen you will either have to cut or torch off the old nut/bolt and possible damaging the arm. BEST bet it to replace all the arms.

Comment

Working...
                  X