Cd5 strut bar on Cb7 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cd5 strut bar on Cb7 ?

Was wondering if a strut bar from a 94-97 accord would fit on the 90-93 accords ?
    Instagram: robkhaira

MRT: 1991 EX-R: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...52#post3273952

I believe cd5's are a bit wider, but if its adjustable and not solid you could give it a shot. GL

Comment

I think I heard the rear lower one works but not the front upper

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
      It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

yeah thats what i heard to that the rear lower ones are the same 90-97, just curious about the front upper one since they seem to look the same size.

Comment

I have a front upper adjustable one for a cd5 on my car ... for about 6 years now...

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

This is correct. Adjustable ones will fit, as you can narrow them.

Non adjustable CD specific ones will not fit, as the CD has a wider track.

Just like all suspension components from a CD will fit a CB except for cross members and sway bars, due to the increased width.

Brakes, struts, springs, control arms, ball joints etc, is all the same between a CB and CD.

Comment

I have a cd7 front upper strut bar. It fits.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post
                I have a cd7 front upper strut bar. It fits.
                Adjustable or not?

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                  This is correct. Adjustable ones will fit, as you can narrow them.

Non adjustable CD specific ones will not fit, as the CD has a wider track.

Just like all suspension components from a CD will fit a CB except for cross members and sway bars, due to the increased width.

Brakes, struts, springs, control arms, ball joints etc, is all the same between a CB and CD.
                  This. Exactly this.

The adjustable ones are the ONLY ones that will fit, because they mount to the tophat studs... Seeing as CD and CB tophats are interchangeable, the strut bar will mount up.
                  I once tried an adjustable CD bar in the back of my car, and I couldn't make it fit.

Honestly, adjustable strut bars are so cheap, why would you even bother using one made for a different model? Fixed bars won't fit.

Comment

Thanks for the help, I was just wondering because its hard finding quality strut bars like dc sport ones for the CB. The only new ones you can get are megan ones or the cheap ebay ones, as for the CD tanabe strut bars are still available.

Comment

I'm waiting for some megan racing stuff. I'll be sure to review them in my mrt

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                      It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by rkcb7 View Post
                        Thanks for the help, I was just wondering because its hard finding quality strut bars like dc sport ones for the CB. The only new ones you can get are megan ones or the cheap ebay ones, as for the CD tanabe strut bars are still available.
                        Megan bars are practically direct copies of the DC design. They work just as well. I run a Megan front upper bar myself.
                        Honestly, for an adjustable bar, Megan is the only one I would ever choose. For fixed, I'd go Neuspeed if I ran an F22A, and ESP with an H22A (which is what I eventually plan to do... since I have an H22A)

Comment

I have and adjustable CD5 Bar on my CB7.

I had to trim each end, and added a small chamfer to deburr around the threaded hole. I cut maybe 5/16" off either sides to make it fit.

I have no idea what brand it is. It was a junkyard find.

My bar was hollow so make sure you have enough thread engagement before you start cutting.

Comment

Working...
                          X