Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what the.. is this??

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...878&cmd=VIDESC
    Came across this searching ebay. Interesting piece.
    My 91 ex coupe
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=189841

I've been looking for that...

Basically like a subframe connector.

Comment

Those are very popular among higher performance cars. I've seen plenty of them for STis and Evos.

Comment

Neat, never seen one before for our cars. I'd say the flex pipe on my car is one of the lowest parts which rubs (my car is lowered). Putting a lower front strut bar around the bottom of the flex pipe would rub for sure. But I guess on a track there would be no worries.

Comment

What exactly does it brace?
          My 91 ex coupe
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=189841

Comment

It helps keep the chassis itself from flexing. Cars actually flex quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              It helps keep the chassis itself from flexing. Cars actually flex quite a bit.
              interesting watching the truck ford vs chevy flex test on youtube.

Comment

I've seen similar pieces made for other cars by companies like Cuzco, but never anything for the CB. Definitely a cool product. Wonder how long it'll be before ESP or a more reputable company will make a kit.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                  I've been looking for that...

Basically like a subframe connector.
                  i have all of UR products saved in my ebay wish list. very tempted in buying

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                  Neat, never seen one before for our cars. I'd say the flex pipe on my car is one of the lowest parts which rubs (my car is lowered). Putting a lower front strut bar around the bottom of the flex pipe would rub for sure. But I guess on a track there would be no worries.
                  thats what im afraid of, as my car is already low. that front lower brace might scrape everywhere especially driveways and speed bumps

Comment

Originally posted by PhatAccord View Post
                    i have all of UR products saved in my ebay wish list. very tempted in buying

thats what im afraid of, as my car is already low. that front lower brace might scrape everywhere especially driveways and speed bumps
                    If you get it, please update this or a new thread on install and function. I am very curious.

Comment

Ya, I can't see using this thing for street use. And its funny how ya think you've seen everything for our cars and then out of the blue you see something like this..

Comment

hmm, interesting. i wonder what kind of company this is, whether its just one or two guys, or if they are bigger and do more stuff.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I've actually been looking into one of these for my car! I didn't think any were out there. As soon as I get this I will make a review about it and post it. Not sure how good the piece is, so I hope it will actually help.

Comment

Flex points vary from car to car, so parts that are effective for bracing one car may not be terribly effective on another. Such as a lower tie bar. It's useful on a Civic, but not very useful on an Accord.

I'd be interested to see if these braces help. However, accurately measuring chassis flex is difficult. Any positive results could be real, or they could just as easily be imagined. For $200, it could be worth trying. At least it's unlikely to hurt anything but your wallet, and you'll be able to impress anyone that wants to crawl under your car!

Comment

i can understand the front one for the lca cuz they are kinda weak since i bent one. but the other points? idk and seems too low
                              back at it again

Comment

Working...
                              X