Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

welding coilover to strut

welding coilover to strut , would that help bouncy ness ,
    i mean welding the sleeve of the coil over so its affixt to the strut then you can ajust without it being loose.

is that a stupid idea..??

stupid, unsafe idea. dont do it.
    [deevergote]" It's not the car that makes the ricer... it's the ricer that ruins the car!"

Comment

did ur coilovers come with those big ass o-rings (the o-ring holds the sleeve firm to the strut). if not u can go to an auto parts store and find one that big. U can mess up ur struts if u weld on them

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordlex
        did ur coilovers come with those big ass o-rings (the o-ring holds the sleeve firm to the strut). if not u can go to an auto parts store and find one that big. U can mess up ur struts if u weld on them

do u mean the rubber rings?

i forgot to usethem.... but i have abounch of 0 rubber rings..

i had no instructions also.

Comment

the bouncyness is caused by the spring itself. welding wont do a thing...
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
            the bouncyness is caused by the spring itself. welding wont do a thing...
            could i use reg sprigs with the coilover sleve?

Comment

what do you mean by regular springs? if you mean the stock ones, why would you do that? totally defeat the purpose of lowering your car. only solution is to get rid of the shitty sleeves.

Comment

yea get rid of the shady coilovers and get some HR race springs or something, or adjustable struts so that you can level out your ride, but i think your best bet is get some better lowering SPRINGS.
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Most likely your coilover springs are more closely wound than your oem springs. That means that the oem springs will not fit on the coilover perch. This was the case with my skunk2 coilovers (which I hated). As stated above, the bounciness (sp) is most likely created by your spring rate not matching the shocks valving meaning that the shock cannot handle the springs high rate. I say high only because if the spring's rate was lower, than you would probably have a problem bottoming out rather than being too bouncy. Anyway, The "O" rings go in between the sleeve and the shock to help keep the sleeve from moving around. This has no affect on the bounciness of your ride.
                  You can do 2 things:
                  1. Get springs that better match the shock's valving. Most likely this means getting one of the springs that are stated above such as H&R, Neuspeed, etc.
                  2. Upgrade your shocks to ones that are better valved for your spring rates OR, get adjustable ones that will help you adjust rebound to better match the spring's rate and help decrease the bounciness. If you haven't upgraded your shocks yet, than this might be your first alternative.
                  "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Or you could always get some less aggressive springs with the proper height and diameter to be used with sleeves from Ground Control...Eibach race springs in whatever rates you want them...

I think most sleeve type coilover springs are 2.5" diameter and about 6-8" heightwise...but remember the backs needs to be longer than the fronts... so I'd get about 8-10" for the rear...

get something sensible like 300-350 F & 225-300 R
                    Last edited by ZigenBallZ; 03-29-2005, 11:04 AM.
                    RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

ok well never weld them two together...second.......unless u live in the south and have more than 1 car, get coilovers. lol why would anyone get springs?? i dunno either. lol coilovers r the best....u can raise or lower them depending on how low u want them (better ajustability) yes they are bouncier.....GET NEW STRUTS!!! that all u need to do don't waste your time and money getting new springs lol if u already spent the money on coilovers just upgrade your struts and get the tires balanced. i have skunk2's lowered all the way....3.5 soon to be 4in drop. (once they settle out) lol yes it is bumpy but when i got my KYB AGX's damn it was like heaven...barely bouncy at all. so yea u know what to do. for all u with springs out there i not against springs at all....just on show cars, well springs suck!
                      My members ride thread

Comment

yeah , springs suck ... but pot holes suck ass.

Comment

no don't weld it man.. bad idea..
                          http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

Comment

Actually, I have been through 2 coilover setups with my Neu. Koni shocks and neither of them were even close to the ride quality I get from the springs i have had. The ride was downright terrible for the coilovers. And by the way, you can adjust the height with the Neu. Koni shocks and Koni yellows.
                            Last edited by H23Accord; 03-29-2005, 07:16 PM.
                            "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

hehehe o really????? can u adjust height 3-4in ? lol bad thing is i can't even get an alignment bc i need the camber.....tires are tucked so far under fender lol hahaha
                              My members ride thread

Comment

Working...
                              X