DNA lowering spings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DNA lowering spings?

I am thinking about buying a set of these new in box from a guy off craigslist. They are DNA lowering springs. Front is a 2" drop and rear is a 1.75" drop. What do you guys think of these springs? Are they good or should i just stay away?
    1993 accord lx coupe 5 speed f22a1 all stock for now.

It's just cheap crap. There's much better stuff out there that will get you a similar drop that is made by reputable companies so you can trust the quality and the advertised spring rate.

Check out the classifieds section.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I should just stay away from them then? I was just going to put them on for temporary use or would it just not even be worth it?

Comment

Temporary use for what? Your suspension directly affects the performance and safety of the vehicle, the latter of which I would not compromise for the same of appearance. I would not get them. I would get quality springs and do it once. I would also pair those springs with shocks compatible for the drop you're trying to achieve. There is much research you need to do in regards to suspension setups on this forum.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Your right i should know better. Thanks for the help. I will save up for a much better suspension setup. I have only been looking at this forum for suspension and performance and appereance forever lol.

Comment

It's nice to see someone who's willing to see reason!

Yes, suspension isn't something that "for now" should ever apply to. It's like saying "This girl is an extremely fertile, disease-ridden skank, but I'm all out of Trojans... I suppose Ziploc bags will do for now!"
            Some pretty bad shit can happen in that "for now" period.

Keep in mind that you need shocks to match whatever springs you use. I'm sure you've seen that in your reading here, as I generally say that every chance I get!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              It's nice to see someone who's willing to see reason!

Yes, suspension isn't something that "for now" should ever apply to. It's like saying "This girl is an extremely fertile, disease-ridden skank, but I'm all out of Trojans... I suppose Ziploc bags will do for now!"
              Some pretty bad shit can happen in that "for now" period.

Keep in mind that you need shocks to match whatever springs you use. I'm sure you've seen that in your reading here, as I generally say that every chance I get!
              Yes i have seen you address that many times. Then i think when spring time comes around and if i have enough money i will get a good suspension setup. Thanks

Comment

Good, at least me repeating myself over and over and over again isn't going completely unnoticed!

But yes, do it right, and do it once. You'll be happy with the performance, and most importantly, you'll be safe!

Comment

Working...
                X