Rear engine mount??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear engine mount??

Is there a DIY on changing the rear engine mount? I need a new one put in and I was going to attempt to do it but I can't find a DIY. Any info would be appreciated.

Well i dont know of any DIY as of yet. but it isnt too hard. it is easy if you have a manuel trans. dx or lx. i have an ex so it is a bigger mount. i just removed the plenum, supported the engine with a jack, removed the one bolt through the motor mount and 3 bolts holiding it down.

Getting it out is the tricky part. i ended up not pulling it up, but snaking it out of the bracket then pulled it out (installation same as removal.)

Hard to explain, but you'll figure it out. It's not hard just more of a "how the hell do i get this puzzle piece out of there" kind of problem.

Definately wouldn't pay a shop to do it!

Hope I kind of helped
    <-- MRT

Comment

Thanks. I have a automatic. 91 SE.

Comment

Originally posted by D-rock615 View Post
        Thanks. I have a automatic. 91 SE.
        ok well the automatic ones are as big as mine so I know what your going to have to go through. just be patient and if you get easily frustrated don't start breaking things
        Good luck
        <-- MRT

Comment

did you take the the intake hose off, to get to it?

Comment

Take a look in the DIY section. There are many DIYs there. There's one where you have to take the intake off. There's also one that you could remove stuffs from the passenger's side and replace the mount. For an auto, it has vacuum assist. Take some pics to add to the DIYs to help others later.

Comment

Originally posted by D-rock615 View Post
              did you take the the intake hose off, to get to it?
              i removed the whole plenum and everything attatched to that, but i didn't take off the runners.
              <-- MRT

Comment

Working...
              X