Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torque specs for brakes.

Hey guys,
    I have read lots of DIY, and none ever list the torque specs for the caliper mounting brackets and calipers. I don't know why that is? Perhaps the people that wrote the DIYs just tighten and not torque them down.
    My front Calipers are Akebono brand and I would like to know the caliper mounting torque specs. The Akebono calipers use only one single bolt top and bottom with the rubber grommet on the bottom bolts. While the Nissin brand caliper has 2 piece mounting bolt. A long slider and a short mounting flange bolt.
    Accord to the manual which only show the Nissin type of caliper mounting. It states 36 lb-ft for the short flange bolts. The manual doesn't even state the torque specs for the mounting bracket which Toyota call it torque plates. The specs for both brands are the same at 80 lb-ft.
    Autozone has it on their site for 33 lb-ft.

This thread says the caliper mounting bolt is 54 lb-ft, and the mounting bracket is the same at 80 lb-ft.

So my question here is what is the torque spec for the Akebono caliper mounting bolts? 54 lb-ft or 36 lb-ft. I take that since the Akebono caliper use a single long bolt for top and bottom, it must be 54 lb-ft.

Am I correct that the bottom bolt has the grommet instead of the top? What is that grommet for any way?
    What is the best grease for the slider any way? I know the brake grease CRC tend to gum up like glue. Sil-glyde or 3M silicon paste?
    Last edited by Bad_dude; 09-05-2012, 09:43 PM.
Working...
X