Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upper control arm anchors.

Hey guys,
    I want to replace the bushings but having new bushings pressed in cost almost the same as the whole arm. So I was thinking of buying just the anchors with bushings already in. Does any one knows if the anchors with bushings press in are sold?
    I thought about this tool. Any one ever used it? I think I can rent it if they would.

Thanks.

They do sell anchors with bushings in,but its hard to find a parts store that sells them alone. Me personally went with ES and paid to have them pressed out and installed the bushings by hand with a c-clamp.
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
      They do sell anchors with bushings in,but its hard to find a parts store that sells them alone. Me personally went with ES and paid to have them pressed out and installed the bushings by hand with a c-clamp.
      So where did you see them sold? I might get some anchors from the junkyard and have those bushings replace then install on mine afterward. That way the car still drivable while the bushings are replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
        So where did you see them sold? I might get some anchors from the junkyard and have those bushings replace then install on mine afterward. That way the car still drivable while the bushings are replaced.
        I bought 2 sets of anchor bolts from the jy, and 3 of the 4 were perfectly fine, only one was cracked. If they are cracked, move onto another car.
        Originally posted by Mishakol129
        Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
          I bought 2 sets of anchor bolts from the jy, and 3 of the 4 were perfectly fine, only one was cracked. If they are cracked, move onto another car.
          Dude,
          You got really lucky b/c around here, there's no more than 10-15CB in each yard and none ever had anything valuable in them. You could get broken, rotten, rusted parts. The people that get to them first, destroy the parts around the one they need. Windshield smashed, missing bolts and if they need a radio for example, they will break the dash and the radio trim.

Comment

This is the suspected one. There's noise yet. But get these sorta of tapping or slight clicking noise under the wells when hitting little bumps and holes.
            What could the noise be?
            Every thing on the suspension is tight when I checked.

Comment

Working...
            X