i got the clunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got the clunk

(only showing my stance to help find my problem) i get a clunk sound from all 4 corners when i hit any type of bump in the road/highway even when taking corners. let me give you a run down on whats new that i have replaced within 2 months, 2 front wheel bearings, 4 upper/lower balljoints, 2 polly front control arm bushings, front sway bar and link polly bushings, 4 sensen struts, front strut rod polly bushings with polly spring isolater, 4 H&R sport springs. is this sound the typical upper control arm hitting the upper fender well? im not that low. thanks
    (sold to h22wagon93, granite cb7 $1000.00) and c91bse7 cash with trade, jdmfreak, thanks guys!

i just got the same problem but i get it when i slow down and turning and bumps mines not lowerd at all. and idk what the problem would be i checked the front end and nothing is loose
    MRTvvv
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193522

Comment

all 4 struts clunk, of course not at all the same time just when that perticular wheel hits a bump. front end perfectly tight, just got my tires balanced and front end aligned.
      (sold to h22wagon93, granite cb7 $1000.00) and c91bse7 cash with trade, jdmfreak, thanks guys!

Comment

Do you have a camber kit installed with the drop? I had the same clunk until I installed and adjusted the camber. After that it only clunk on really bad potholes/bumps.

Comment

just got the kit in the mail 2 days ago, ill install this weekend and hope for the best lol. thanks

Comment

I found out it was my header hitting the cross member so now I won't freak out about my car breaking lol
            MRTvvv
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193522

Comment

Originally posted by i want my cb9 View Post
              just got the kit in the mail 2 days ago, ill install this weekend and hope for the best lol. thanks
              Do you have to realign the car again after?

Comment

Chances are VERY good that those struts are blown. They're nothing but stock replacements, and cheapies at that. H&R Sport springs aren't a serious drop, but enough to blow cheap stock replacement struts quickly enough. Most likely, the clunk you hear is the struts bottoming out. Did you cut the bumpstops when you installed the springs?

If you install the camber kit, you'll probably knock your upper control arms on your inner fenderwell... so you'll have another clunk to worry about.
                And yes, you have to realign the wheels after ANY suspension work. Especially a camber kit.
                It's like putting on a new pair of shoes... doesn't matter if you tied your last pair, you have to tie the new pair as well!

Get a set of Koni STR.T shocks (or better) all around, and I'm quite sure your clunking will go away.

Comment

i heard the clunk for the first time pulling out of my driveway after spending all day installing the shocks/springs/polly bushings so i doubt i blew them that incredibly fast. i left the bump stops in factory size and they are in perfect condition when installing them. i did notice today when i did my front camber kit that the nut and bolt that holds onto the arm were very close to the front spring on both sides side i reversed them. i got late out and had to take my kids out to get there pictures done so no test drive yet but i will tomorrow am on the way to church.

Comment

Working...
                  X