my car isn't braking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my car isn't braking

Hey, I replaced my rear brake calipers witha prelude and now it's not braking. I check to see if the calipers was ceased (good). So, I bought a master cylinder and the brakes got really hard until I started the car. It's stopping slightly. Is there more air in the line?

"Cleft"
    Rolling vid>> Click Here

Originally posted by swk_cb7 View Post
    Hey, I replaced my rear brake calipers witha prelude and now it's not braking. I check to see if the calipers was ceased (good). So, I bought a master cylinder and the brakes got really hard until I started the car. It's stopping slightly. Is there more air in the line?
    Did you bleed all four corners and the master cylinder?
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I bench bled the master and I just bled the brakes rr,rl,fr,fl. The brakes is really hard when it's off. Then when I turn it on it goes soft. I removed the vacuum valve on the booster and plugged it and the pedal stayed hard; although it didn't brake better. So, I'm thinking the booster, maybe?

"Cleft"
      Rolling vid>> Click Here

Comment

I bench bled the master and I just bled the brakes rr,rl,fr,fl. The brakes is really hard when it's off. Then when I turn it on it goes soft. I removed the vacuum valve on the booster and plugged it and the pedal stayed hard; although it didn't brake better. So, I'm thinking the booster, maybe?
        No, that sounds normal. You could check the vacuum on the booster though. Otherwise look for leaks? Maybe your pads suck?

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
          No, that sounds normal. You could check the vacuum on the booster though. Otherwise look for leaks? Maybe your pads suck?
          What do you mean check the vacuum? I didn't see any leaks. The only thing I noticed when I took the mc off the paint was peeling under it. So, I chalked it up to the master leaking

"Cleft"
          Rolling vid>> Click Here

Comment

What do you mean check the vacuum? I didn't see any leaks. The only thing I noticed when I took the mc off the paint was peeling under it. So, I chalked it up to the master leaking
            You can connect a vacuum gauge to the booster to check it. The OEM Honda manual has the details.

Comment

If it feels hard and no matter how hard you press the brakes it still feels like it isn't stopping, its probably the booster.

Had this happen to my moms cb. You could drive it and damn near stand up the brake and it wouldn't stop for crap. Replaced booster and master cylinder, problem fixed.
              We are all ricers, it just depends what flavor rice you are.

Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.

My For Sale Thread
              Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

I'm just going to replace the booster. I'm sure i need a new one anyway. Then, i'll let you guys know. Thanks

"Cleft"
                Rolling vid>> Click Here

Comment

i would rebleed the braking system with a friend who can help you push the fluid out, also bleed the brakes with the car off. once youve done that again, let me know how it goes.

Comment

I've done that. I bled the brakes three times and it hasn't improved at all, except the slightest bit when i changed the master. I bought a booster yesterday. So, i'll put it on tomorrow and bled the brakes one more time.

Will a faulty abs system make the car do this too?

"Cleft"
                    Rolling vid>> Click Here

Comment

Does your pedal go to the floor?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                      X