Koni Yellow Dampening Adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Koni Yellow Dampening Adjustment

I'm currently running a Koni Yellow (not sure if base or SP3, I think it's base) and Ground Control setup all around and I want to know how you guys adjust the dampening of the rear shocks.

The way the shock is position when installed, there is no way to adjust the dampening from the top of the shock with the white plastic adjustment tool.
    The only way I see it is you can only adjust them with the shock OUT of the car.

1) Is there any way to adjust the rear Koni Yellow dampening with the shocks installed?
    2) Is it safe to remove the metal piece that goes over the strut tower area in the rear to get access to adjust? (this is probably a stupid question, I said it's part of the frame but some people I know think other wise)
    3) What adjustment would you guys suggest for running at the rear with my setup? I'm looking for a sporty setup that I can daily drive around town, and I avoid potholes and go slow when there is bumps and the regular do da. The adjustment tool from Koni has a triangle on it. In the front I'm running 1/3 turn from maxed out stiffness. So basically say it's like /\ and I turn it to /\ looser, you can't notice it from the diagram but it's hard for me to explain lol. I just want something to match the front and give great handling. I'm not racing on the track or anything, but still.
    Current:
    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Its safe to remove those pieces of metal to adjust your shocks. Also, you don't need to use the adjustment tool, a crescent wrench works just as well.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

This is pretty much what my thread was about. My rear end is to high.
      The CB7 Collector.
      Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
      92 LX Coupe F22A1
      2013 Toyota Corolla S
      92 EX Sedan F22A1
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
        This is pretty much what my thread was about. My rear end is to high.
        To the best of my knowledge the dampening has nothing to do with the ride height. Dampening is the adjustment of the stiffness of the shock, not height.

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
        Its safe to remove those pieces of metal to adjust your shocks. Also, you don't need to use the adjustment tool, a crescent wrench works just as well.
        Oh ok. I guess I'll just take them out, seems a bit sketch though lol.
        I know I don't need to use the adjustment tool but I like it rather that pliers or some shit.
        Current:
        2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
        1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
        1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Dampening?

I didn't know we were making our shocks wet.
          There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
            Dampening?

I didn't know we were making our shocks wet.
            ur making my rod come out...

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Nub View Post
              Oh ok. I guess I'll just take them out, seems a bit sketch though lol.
              I know I don't need to use the adjustment tool but I like it rather that pliers or some shit.
              i meant just take them out to adjust the shocks, not leave them out.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Working...
              X