X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pics inside uneven fender gap

shoot I can't link well from my phone here is my flickr however

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7940620...th/7273612020/

any way the driver side is lower than the passanger. the fender on the driver side has more gap between it and the door vs the other side.

you guys think its from damage?

Any suspension mods??

Also what damage was on the car?
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

The panel gap could be from structural damage or the body shop just didn't align the panels correctly.

02 Crv
      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
        The panel gap could be from structural damage or the body shop just didn't align the panels correctly.
        you think an alignment will be able to tell?

Comment

alignment, UCA, LCA, springs, struts, bushings, sway bar, tires, everything plays a roll in wheel gap. i can see you have SLIGHTLY more space btwn the A pillar on one side so the car was most likely in a fender bender. check the carFax. as long as the front lines up whocares. no one would probably notice.
          frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

ill thouroghly check it out... pisses me off that I didn't notice. its about a whole inch difference

Comment

Based off all the runs in the paint and the fact your missing the cover to the castle nut on the upper ball joint it's safe to say its had work done.

It's possible they replaced one side spring and the sag of the old spring is causing it to sit that way. Also I've seen cars just sit lower on the drivers side since that's the side the driver is on so there is more weight.

I'd get the alignment checked and if it's good just drive it.

Comment

The front springs are notorious for breaking the bottom coil (I've had four break on my various Accords). It is usually on the inside of the bottom coil, it is not very obvious, you have to look for it.
                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                  The front springs are notorious for breaking the bottom coil (I've had four break on my various Accords). It is usually on the inside of the bottom coil, it is not very obvious, you have to look for it.
                  I've seen it on both my friends and brothers car as well. Not only did it break but the spring bent sideways into the strut.

Comment

thats some madddd gap

maybe realigning your fender and reducing the gaps will help with the wheel gap

Comment

Working...
                    X