Location of rear lower tie bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Location of rear lower tie bar

I am wondering where I'm supposed to install a lower strut bar (or tie bar) for the rear suspension. It's a megan bar (ebay) and didn't come with instructions. I got the front and rear upper, because they are kind of self-explanatory, but I am unsure of where to put this one. I am guessing it would be here, please let me know if I'm right or wrong.

If that is where it is installed, how should I go about raising/supporting the car? Can I put the rear-end on ramps, or will the car fall apart after I remove those bolts? I don't want to get my self killed or break the car trying to put on a strut bar, especially this piss-ass little one.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

thats right, but dont put it on ramps, jack it up and put stands...so the wheel will freewheel

take one end out first then do the other side, if it dont line up again use a rubber hammer to get it alighned...its easy.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Cool thanks, where should I jack the car though? If I put the stands under the jack support thingie (?) I'll have to place the jack elsewhere. In other words, where is a good spot to jack up the car, besides the jack points at the 4 points behind the front tires and in front of the back tires?

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
        Cool thanks, where should I jack the car though? If I put the stands under the jack support thingie (?) I'll have to place the jack elsewhere. In other words, where is a good spot to jack up the car, besides the jack points at the 4 points behind the front tires and in front of the back tires?
        put it up on jackstands right b4 the back wheel on the jack thingy...if ya do it when the car is level it lines up better, trust me...took me a while to dfigure out why i coudlnt line the bolts up...and dont worry, it wont fall apart on ya!
        In memory of Jameel Johnson 4.30.05--You will never be forgotten...

MY Car

HydroDunk Mixtapes...check it out

Comment

right right i understand but where should I place the jack since the rear jack pints will be occupied by stands?

Comment

put the jack on the tow hook 1 by muffler 1 at same place on other side
            www.2camcrew.com

Comment

git r' done!....... -justin-

MY SH!T FOR SALE!

H23A1 (60,000 miles)
              tranny (no grinds)
              ECU
              DC header w/ heat wrap
              full exhaust with angled N1 Canister....
              $1000 obo delivered

SOLD!

Comment

Working...
              X