5 lug and f&f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 lug and f&f

so i just got to thinking that i wanna do a 5 lug swap on my car. mapping out everything and pricing everything out as we speak. but i was wondering if the whole setup would support form and functions type 1 coilovers? and also would it support their lower control arms, in other words are they bolt up to a 5 lug swap without problems?

I believe that a 5 lug swap only changes the hub. The suspension and control arms have absolutely nothing to do with that.

Comment

ok, thats what i was thinking, but i wanted to be positive before i went ahead on it. thanks a bunch

Comment

Actually, I read through the 5 lug swap in the DIY section and you do change the rear suspension.... I don't know how that would effect the mounting spots for the rear.

Comment

It has nothing to do with it. You only change the rear suspension if you currently have drum brakes. But even then you are changing it to the same style of knuckle.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

4g and 5g ludes use basically the same suspension that we do. only the tophats are different. the front forks might be slightly different in height but as far as shape or design they are basically identical unless u break out a ruler with them side by side. the struts all fit the same, front and rear.
            frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

im using fnf type II's on a 5 lug front odyssey setup and 5 lug prelude/v6 rear setup.

no issues. whatsoever.
              MadLab Racing
              Southern Maryland

Comment

It'll work.

I'm on F&F I's, Odyssey front 5-Lug conversion, prelude rear. No problems.
                The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

just get prelude rear spindle nut & hub w/v6 accord rear rotor. Oh yea, & new wheels to.lol

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3222203/5

Comment

easiest way is odyssey front knuckles and lude rear hubs

click to see my ride
                    click to check out my bb6 dash swap

Comment

Yup that was my setup on my old cb.

Oddy knuckles, lude rear hubs, and lude front rotors and v6 rear accord rotors
                      NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                      DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

yup
                        <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Working...
                        X