What struts do I want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What struts do I want?

I'm in need of some new struts. Mine are shot and I'm going to be moving to Arizona in the next couple of weeks. I'm looking for something that has a good ride that won't break the bank. Currently my springs are Maxspeed. Any suggestions would be great!
    Last edited by rocketman_471; 03-21-2011, 07:28 AM.

Members Ride Thread: LX ~ EX ~ For Sale Thread

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

how much of a drop are those springs?
    -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
    -1993 Accord EX SOLD
    -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
    -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Koni STR.t is the best shock for your money.
      There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

How is the ride of the Koni?

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

Comment

Originally posted by rocketman_471 View Post
          How is the ride of the Koni?
          They're a stiffer shock than the KYB GR2 or the Tokico HP, but they are much better quality and can handle a stiffer spring as a result.

Comment

Cool thanks!

Comment

i talked with a tech rep at neuspeed and they said the knoi str.t and neuspeed sports go perfect together, they said the shocks handle the spring rates very well. not sure what the spring rates are for what you have? i did also ask how it would handle the race springs and he said it wouldn't handle them very well cause those are too stiff.

Comment

I would replace those springs while you're at it... I've never heard of that brand, and chances are, they aren't a very good quality spring. Probably a crazy stiff "universal" spring rate.

The Koni STR.T is essentially the Koni Yellow on the softest setting. I personally have my Yellows set on soft, on H&R Race (identical specs to Neuspeed), and the ride is decent. I'm sure I could stiffen the shocks a bit better to match the spring rate.

I would DEFINITELY go with the Neuspeed or H&R Sport and STR.T combo...

Comment

Would the neuspeed sports go better with the Koni STR.t than eibach pro-kit springs?
                  Last edited by Ander; 04-03-2011, 02:47 AM.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                  I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Funny story, I just got the Koni STR.T struts in the mail a yesterday and got them installed today. I would've tried to install them myself, but I'm working up until I leave for Arizona. Needless to say, I haven't spent much time in the suspension area of my car since I've had it, I've really only gone off of what the previous owner has told me, and verified if it was true or not by replacing and fixing items that have gone wrong. Anyways, when I bought it, the guy said he thought they were Maxspeed, and I looked them up and they were yellow, so I just assumed he was right. But today, after everything was pulled out, I come to find out that they are, in fact, Neuspeed springs! I even asked if he was sure they weren't Maxspeed, and he said no, they're Neuspeed. Pretty awesome, huh?! Although I don't know if they're the race or sport, but I do have about a 2 inch drop and the front camber kit is maxed out and the rear is either maxed or close to, so I don't know.
                    Last edited by rocketman_471; 04-02-2011, 01:51 AM.

Comment

If they're Neuspeed and they're yellow, they're the race springs.

Comment

As the Neuspeed rep said... the STR.T aren't great for the Neuspeed Race springs.
                        You might want to grab some Koni Yellows instead, or trade those springs with someone on Neuspeed Sports.

Comment

definitely do what deev said if you have the money get a set of koni yellows but if not just trade those for some sport springs. off topic but im gonna be ordering my koni str.t's next week i wish i could get the yellows but dont have the money for them yet.

Comment

I might just do that. I'll see how it rides for now, because I have to leave in only 4 days, but if I really don't like it I'll probably get the new equipment.

Comment

Working...
                            X